A question about PC-DMIS 3.7 and probe qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about PC-DMIS 3.7 and probe qualification

Recently I have just started using PC-DMIS 3.7 for the first time. Im only familiar with the newer versions. Today I programmed a part that needed a probe hardware change in the program. I went to code my autocalibrate commands but noticed it wasn't included in this version. Parameter sets still available to save in the probe qualification dialogue box though.....am I missing something? Do you really need to stop your program in the middle of DCC and qualify the new probe?

Secondly, this got me thinking. I have plenty of TP-20's at my disposal.....so lets say I qualified both tips I need in a program back to back using 2 different TP20's........Can I just swap the TP-20's in the middle of the program without qualifying the newly changed probe? I assume this would sort of be like a autoprobe changer setup.......yes no?

I have always read the minute you unscrew something you need to qualify again. This is just swapping TP-20's. If I bump my TP20 and the magnet gets dislodged....I rarely requalify. Should I?

This little ommision in 3.7 has left me with a slurry of questions.

Good evening. Personally, if I've got the gist of it, I'd calibrate your probes first. If you don't have a probe tree/space then just a do a manual change and pretend you are the tree!! TP20's are designed to repeat within microns so it won't be a problem.

Often lost, rarely found.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's in there, you might need to have a look around for it (might be on a different menu).

Is it 3.7 or an MR?
      Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

In the 3.7 core manual, page 559, it seems that autocalibrate exists, and works on this version...

ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/docs/v37manual/

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
          If I've got the gist of it, I'd calibrate your probes first. Correct. If you don't have a probe tree/space then just a do a manual change and pretend you are the tree!! TP20's are designed to repeat within microns so it won't be a problem.
          Actually LESS than a micron...more likely 0.35 to 0.65 of a micron for positional & pre-travel & up to 0.5 microns for the stylus changing.

I have had to correct some Customers over the years expounding urban myths to obviate their using correct measuring processes in the first place.

http://www.renishaw.com/en/tp20--6670
          Poleaxe

Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
          Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

sigpic

Comment