Calibration Scanning 7-10-7 SF with SP25M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibration Scanning 7-10-7 SF with SP25M

We got a Hexagon Metrology SF 7107 with PC-DMIS 2014 almost a year ago. Probe Calibration is run weekly with scans. I noticed recently that on at least one probe, it makes the scan paths without even touching the Calibration Sphere. We don't do any scanning with this SF CMM. Is there a way to turn the Calibration Scanning off and Calibrate with hits like our other CMMs do? If so, how can this be done? Thank you.

In the probe calibration screen there is an option for FULL or PARTIAL calibration. Check partial

If you have a calibration program that you run you make want to make another. One program with a full calibration parameter set and one program with a partial calibration parameter set.

If you break a tip or a tip has been unscrewed then you need to run full calibration. If no tips have been removed and have all been run on full calibration you can run partial calibrations after that.
    Last edited by YGOLORTEM; 09-01-2015, 10:54 AM.
    Jesse Krook

Comment

Your machine frame is the 7-10-7 SF. The probe is the piece of equipment on the end of the wrist that holds the stylus that touches the part. The probe is the heart of the CMM.

The only probe that uses scans for calibration is the Renishaw SP25M.

If you're not seeing contact then something is clearly wrong. You should be getting all kinds of error messages about that, as well as failing calibration results.

It sounds like the system was setup for you and is supposed to run automatically.
      However, someone messed it up - hopefully not you.

Is the calibration an automatic program that you run?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carpenter View Post
        Your machine frame is the 7-10-7 SF. The probe is the piece of equipment on the end of the wrist that holds the stylus that touches the part. The probe is the heart of the CMM.

The only probe that uses scans for calibration is the Renishaw SP25M.

If you're not seeing contact then something is clearly wrong. You should be getting all kinds of error messages about that, as well as failing calibration results.

It sounds like the system was setup for you and is supposed to run automatically.
        However, someone messed it up - hopefully not you.

Is the calibration an automatic program that you run?
        Not necessarily a 'mistake' by the user.

I have seen these probes scan in air with PC-DMIS. I am sure this has been filed as bug reports on more that one occasion by those who have dealt with this problem. The really bad part is that the software returns measurement data so unless you actually are watching you may not notice it.

For the probe calibration likely the tip size is wrong (i.e the probe was built with a 4 mm stylus but the actual machine has a 3 mm stylus installed). I would expect an error though after calibration (but who knows).

Comment

Originally posted by Rondog View Post

I have seen these probes scan in air with PC-DMIS. I am sure this has been filed as bug reports on more that one occasion by those who have dealt with this problem. The really bad part is that the software returns measurement data so unless you actually are watching you may not notice it.
          A way to avoid this bug is to unselect the "use best fit" check box.
          I saw the cmm turning around a nice circle without the part, it's very nice ! The scan stops at the end of the circle, without giving any result.
          Un select the check box helps the cmm to find or not the part...

Comment