Unable to see inside a .076" hole & even blown up, unable to take good hits!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to see inside a .076" hole & even blown up, unable to take good hits!!!

Trying to get a 1mm probe to take hits (in cad) on a .076 hole. Never can get it correct these days. Program keeps asking me if I want to change workplanes. I am working in X-. Been doing this too long to be burning out now. Someone pls help.

Bill

Use an AUTO-CIRCLE and not a Measured circle.

Comment

MAKE sure the tip is smaller than the hole
      B&S One
      PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Need more info.
        Is the hole perpendicular to the surface it is going through?
        Lately, it occurs to me
        What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

A+90
          B-90
          workplane x-
          perpindicular yes

Comment

What are your Prehit\retract distances?? I have crushed my head into the walls many of times before I find out that it was those settings.....

HTH
            Hold my beer......what can possibly go wrong!!!

Comment

To see inside the hole try using Clipping Planes (Graphics Mode toolbar -> Cad Lighting -> Clip Planes). This will let you slice away a portion of the model to get a good side view of the hole. I use it mostly for port features having intersecting holes. Really quite useful for seeing how the hits are arranged.
              "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." (Samuel Clemens)

Comment

All of the above plus watch your prehit and retract distances. Also I like to use find hole center on auto circles with small diameters.

Comment

From menu : Edit/Graphic Display Window/Lighting, Materials brings up Cad and Graphic Display Setup. On Lighting tab set probe transparency. I found it very useful for looking into tight spots when the probe is in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GomoFazter View Post
                    To see inside the hole try using Clipping Planes (Graphics Mode toolbar -> Cad Lighting -> Clip Planes). This will let you slice away a portion of the model to get a good side view of the hole. I use it mostly for port features having intersecting holes. Really quite useful for seeing how the hits are arranged.
                    ^^^This^^^
                    Jesse Krook

Comment

the probe transparency helped. my .076" measured .079" and is a circle!!! thank you. been using a cmm for quite a while, never used probe transparency before.

Comment

still something aint right. keeps asking me to change work planes. i usually don't fool with pre-hit & retract. I run the same part with key-in nominals, but using 3d cad, i sometimes breeze thru it, and others, like now, makes me want to say **** with it and go get a beer

Comment

I just "clipped" off half my part. How to bring it all back home?

Comment

Uncheck "Enable" in the dialog.
                            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." (Samuel Clemens)

Comment

Try an AUTO-Feature....Prehit and retract not an issue ....

Comment