Windows 10 and Pc-Dmis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 and Pc-Dmis

When will Pc-Dmis be able to run on a Windows 10 OS?
    v2010 CAD ++ Global Image 121510

Hopefully never - I don't want Win10 on my computer
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
      Hopefully never - I don't want Win10 on my computer

Is that what you said when you had XP, when Windows 7 came out?
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

I would still be running XP Pro 64 bit, everywhere, if it were up to me.
        "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

I am......
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            I am......
            I thought you were running Windows 3.1, Matt
            (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
            They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
              I thought you were running Windows 3.1, Matt
              No, I have 98SE at home, XP Pro at work.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Since pcdmis runs on win8 and win10 is based off the win8 OS, I would say it would run.

Comment

Also, windows 10 has better compatibility mode than previous windows so you could try running PC-DMIS in windows 7 or 8 mode.

Comment

Our whole company is upgrading to 10 early next year, going to use it as a launch pad to get the latest version of pcdmis. Also 2012 may not run anyway.

Comment

I would wait for Hexagon to state that PC-DMIS is supported on Windows 10.
                      I am still participating in the Windows Insider Program for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile with the Nokia Lumia 1520.
                      For me I would take Windows 10 over all previous operating systems. Of course there are some issues but nothing like PC-DMIS when Hexagon release the software with major known issues.
                      Right now with Windows 10 Mobile (build # 10512) there still some issues that will have to be resolved before the next Fast ring release build. Looking forward for the next test build of Windows 10 Mobile.

Below is from the SolidWorks Alerts & News about Windows 10.
                      Technical Alerts & News

Archive of the SOLIDWORKS Technical Alerts & News

Jul 29, 2015 SOLIDWORKS Support for Windows 10
                      SOLIDWORKS products will support Windows 10 64-bit Pro and Enterprise in SOLIDWORKS 2015 and SOLIDWORKS 2016. A future announcement will give details of the specific Service Pack for both SOLIDWORKS 2015 and SOLIDWORKS 2016 commencement of support. SOLIDWORKS 2014 will not support Windows 10.
                      Last edited by davehocum; 08-20-2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

PC-DMIS 2015 Recommended System Requirements Operating System
                        PC-DMIS 2015.0 operates under the following:
                        • 32-bit and 64-bit Vista
                        • 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7
                        • 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8 and 8.1
                          • No other operating systems are supported.
                          • Windows XP support: Beginning with v2012 MR1, support will be phased out for the Windows XP operating system. While this version likely runs fine in XP, it will not be tested under the XP operating system. Also note that some parts of the user interface do not appear optimally in XP. Support will be completely dropped in 2016.

Comment

I keep forgetting about all the "other" applications/drivers that pcdmis uses. While I think pcdmis offline with the basic system would work I would wait for the official Win10 stamp of approval before running online.

Comment

http://support.hexagonmetrology.us
                            Topic #: 16101-865Date Created: 08/04/2014Last Modified Since: 04/01/2015Viewed: 1016

Comment