Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autocircle vector issues

Hi,

I am working on a program that has a few smaller radii that I am trying to measure using auto feature. I am placing the auto circle in the location I need to measure and then adjusting the hits on the graphic display window to hit the radii where I want it. I hit test and it hits right where I want but then when I press ok it hits off of where I set the hits to be. I adjust the hits and sometimes it will hit in the right spot when I hit ok but when I run the program they are off, sometimes in the complete opposite direction missing the part all together. Am I doing something wrong?
    Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Angle vector = surface vector?
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Show the code, you know that by now, right?

TK
      sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Don't really have one, I ended up taking out all the auto-features and using manual hits. Now the program is showing the part as being bad due to the lack of hits on the manual features. When I was able to check the radii with the auto feature using 5 hits it showed the part as good, just kept changing the vector every time I ran the part and got sick of fixing it. When I mess with it again I will post the code.
        Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Keep copies of all your code as you're programming in some program development directory or some such for conveniance sake

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

I swear Giant I will make it up there sometime and help you out.
            (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
            They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

If I understand correctly an auto cirlce function will probe slightly less than the full start to end angle that you set it the function, a little inside the arc at each end. Perhaps this is conflicting with your adjustments and overriding them. Perhaps you can increase the arc covered by fibbing about the start and end angles to force the function to cover more of the actual arc. Just a thought........

TK
              sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

I was corrected on a mistake I was making by DungT on here a while back.

Auto Circle at some angle.

My starting angle was not on plane with my circle. Like a circle in +Z so the CMM moves in XY but I said to start at Z=1 instead of X or Y =1. It was an angle, so not that blatant, but that's the jist.

When the Angle Vector is not true to the circle, sometimes the software looks at it from the wrong side. Thus sending my hits going from 0-90 degrees off to 180-270 degrees. This sounds like something you mentioned happening.

You have to be sure the angle vector is square to your feature vector.

Comment

Originally posted by Caemgen View Post
                  I was corrected on a mistake I was making by DungT on here a while back.

Auto Circle at some angle.

My starting angle was not on plane with my circle. Like a circle in +Z so the CMM moves in XY but I said to start at Z=1 instead of X or Y =1. It was an angle, so not that blatant, but that's the jist.

When the Angle Vector is not true to the circle, sometimes the software looks at it from the wrong side. Thus sending my hits going from 0-90 degrees off to 180-270 degrees. This sounds like something you mentioned happening.

You have to be sure the angle vector is square to your feature vector.
                  so if I am measuring a feature in Z my angle vector should also be in Z?
                  Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

Normal vector.
                    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by giantslayer View Post
                      so if I am measuring a feature in Z my angle vector should also be in Z?
                      If the feature is 0,0,1, the angle vector can not have a number in the Z/K component. so: .5, .866, 0 or .707, .707, 0 or 1,0,0

If your feature is 1,0,0 then the angle vector must not have an X/I component.

If the vector of the circle is Z+ (0,0,1), the circle is laying in a parallel plane to Z. So the head is only going to move on X and Y. The angle vector should reflect only X/I and Y/J. Zero on Z/K.

This gets harder with circles that are on an angle, and it is miserable on circles on compound angles.

If I posted the link correctly this was my thread where I was corrected:

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...erate-location

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
                        I swear Giant I will make it up there sometime and help you out.
                        Just let me know when your coming this way and I will run it past the Big Guys.
                        Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by giantslayer View Post
                          Just let me know when your coming this way and I will run it past the Big Guys.

yeah I will, maybe next Saturday. Let me give my friend a call up there and see if he is going to be around.
                          (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                          They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

I think I have the vector thing figured out. Made a program and left my vector in Z+ and seemed to work fine, thanks again all.
                            Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment