Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to layout?

how do you layout this part?

there are no datums on the print, (the print is from 1989) it only has work lines.

the cad model is wire frame and of the seven holes/slots on the part, there is only one slot in the model.

Originally posted by winston
    how do you layout this part?

there are no datums on the print, (the print is from 1989) it only has work lines.

the cad model is wire frame and of the seven holes/slots on the part, there is only one slot in the model.

I don't know either......its invisible on my end
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

That sounds like a print / cad model that I received for a Ford part, back when I was in Atlanta at the beginning of my cmm learning curve. Believe it or not, our mgt, said for me to use the check fixture as master and base the nominals from that. So, as far I could see it, no one knew what to do. I never got burned for it.

A.Gore
      sigpicA.Gore

Comment

If you have a check fixture, use that DRF. typically it will be built from the work lines (WL), and dimensioned on the drawing accordingly.
        RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
        sigpic

Comment

Wheres the part?
          sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

just went an looked at the fixture, its missing an -A- net and is all beat to h*e*l*l.

Comment

I would best try to simulate the gage.
              Chances are, it was built to a WL. The WL's do usualy define a DRF (the one's I have seen and used) and you can go from there.
              As far as no math...unless you are missing critical dims from the drawing - you don't need it.
              Kev
              RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
              sigpic

Comment