Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-2-1 aligment

Hello,
    Im new here and new on use this softwere...
    I use PC Dmis 4.3.
    I try to alignment my piece with 3-2-1 plane-line-point
    I make Plane1 Z axis then Plane2 y axis, i intersect the plane and i get a line after i make a point on X axis.
    When i want to alignment with 3-2-1 the program say to use a plane first so i use Plane1 and put it on Z axis after program say to use a line but he dont find my construction to use it....?is this posible?
    I do this aligment manual without 3D model.

If you measure two points on Y plane along X axis, PC-DMIS should see the line.
    I don't use 3-2-1 alignment, but I think it works only with measured features (not sure of it...)

Comment

Create an alignment this way.

INSERT/ALIGNMENT/NEW

Select features as needed for level, rotate, origins

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

ok thx guys

Comment

Originally posted by medanovidiudany View Post
          Hello,
          Im new here and new on use this softwere...
          I use PC Dmis 4.3.
          I try to alignment my piece with 3-2-1 plane-line-point
          I make Plane1 Z axis then Plane2 y axis, i intersect the plane and i get a line after i make a point on X axis.
          When i want to alignment with 3-2-1 the program say to use a plane first so i use Plane1 and put it on Z axis after program say to use a line but he dont find my construction to use it....?is this posible?
          I do this aligment manual without 3D model.
          I never liked the (constructed) line intersection of 2 planes for a rotational element

Suggest on alignment that you either make a line in place of plane 2 or you can use the plane2 in "Y-" rotated about Z ; I am guessing that you are facing part in a typical XYZ coordinate

Either way direction of line is huge in alignment and vectors if using a plane for rotation

Comment

What he said. I would not use a Line constr from two planes for rotation, period!
            Originally posted by Rich P View Post
            I never liked the (constructed) line intersection of 2 planes for a rotational element

Suggest on alignment that you either make a line in place of plane 2 or you can use the plane2 in "Y-" rotated about Z ; I am guessing that you are facing part in a typical XYZ coordinate

Either way direction of line is huge in alignment and vectors if using a plane for rotation
            B&S One
            PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment