profile and position of group of slots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profile and position of group of slots.

I have a callout to check profile and true position of 3 features allaround. looking for some input on how to do this. my idea is to prove the profile then best fit and then position the features. any other options?
    attached is 2pages of ASME2009 and my gdt at the bottom of the page.
    Attached Files

The profile of each feature is individually. The TP is as any other feature called out as TP. It is to ABC, so report it to ABC like any other.
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

What about the all around portion of the gdt?

Comment

That is just stating that the profile is controlling 100% of the features surfaces ( all around ) and not just the surfaces the arrows are pointing at.

Comment

I see it as:

The profile is shape only (surface profile, formonly) +/- .0125. I would create a set of points for each.

The location is controlled to ABC.
          I would get the centroid (the sets composed from points as noted above) of each feature and dimension those with TP.

I would not have controlled those shapes that way, but that is what it looks like has been done.
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

So you feel the only thing tying the three features together is A/B/C. Its a seat belt attachment all the must be good to themselves for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
              I see it as:

The profile is shape only (surface profile, formonly) +/- .0125. I would create a set of points for each.

The location is controlled to ABC.
              I would get the centroid (the sets composed from points as noted above) of each feature and dimension those with TP.

I would not have controlled those shapes that way, but that is what it looks like has been done.
              It's a pretty common GM callout. Most irregular shapes receive this treatment, and it is worded as such in the general notes. The profile controls the shape and size, while the TP controls the location.

All around, as mentioned above, merely means that the profile applies all around the entire feature. So, the 'T' slot is controlled all around, then each of the other slots is controlled similarly.

I usually construct a feature set from the points and use profile, form only and then TP the feature set.
              "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment