Can i add a cad model after or in the middle of programing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i add a cad model after or in the middle of programing???

I was programin using the actual part, but i find out that there in a CadModel for it,
    is there any way to add the MODEL and do PART=CAD aligment in the middle of the program?

You can add a model at any time, if it will do any good or not without a LOT a screwing around will depend....

CAD=PART isn't what you think it is.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Import your model, and then adjust it if needed so the x-y-z matches up with how you started your program. Then you will need to either create NEW features ( on your cad model not actual part ) and replace the existing features in your manual align ( answer "no" to changing the align ) or adjust the theo's of your manual alignment features so they match up with the cad model.

Comment

Origin cad model same as your part program oriented then import.

Comment

Start a new program and import your model, do a manual alignment on model then copy and paste everything except your manual alignment from your old program maybe??

Comment

OK, so you’re in the middle of the program and CAD X is machine Y and your customer doesn’t want the CAD coordinate to be altered in anyway, only part/machine, then what?

Comment

Originally posted by DungT View Post
              OK, so you’re in the middle of the program and CAD X is machine Y and your customer doesn’t want the CAD coordinate to be altered in anyway, only part/machine, then what?
              Transform/align as needed
              Measure everything as required along with all the proper (local) alignments
              THEN (if necessary), create an alignment to report in the desired/required XYZ orientation.

I have had very few complex parts that did not require local alignments (not on the drawing) but the end results still matched the drawing.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ir a programmer View Post
                Transform/align as needed
                Measure everything as required along with all the proper (local) alignments
                THEN (if necessary), create an alignment to report in the desired/required XYZ orientation.

I have had very few complex parts that did not require local alignments (not on the drawing) but the end results still matched the drawing.
                Yeah, but you’re not allowed to Transform the CAD, then what?
                Redo the alignments after half way through makes no sense to me. Might as well finish it without CAD unless it really is a complicated part

Comment

Save as the program first, most likely you will screw it up!
                  B&S One
                  PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...LW8&authuser=0
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by DungT View Post
                      Yeah, but you’re not allowed to Transform the CAD, then what?
                      Redo the alignments after half way through makes no sense to me. Might as well finish it without CAD unless it really is a complicated part
                      The CAD coordinates are not being "altered" in any way. I don't believe PC-DMIS has that capability. The CMM is altering the orientation/relationship it has with the CAD.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                        You can add a model at any time, if it will do any good or not without a LOT a screwing around will depend....

CAD=PART isn't what you think it is.
                        What do you mean?
                        i do CAD=PART when i start my manual aligment and i am actualy measuring the part, then i do my aligment and CAD=PART so i can start my DCC aligment on the CAD.

Comment

Yep, because you are using CAD 'nominals' in your alignment offsets.

If the CAD data does NOT match what you used for alignment, clicking on CAD=PART will not magically make the CAD data match any existing alignment.

If you aligned off the corner of a square block and called that corner X0Y0Z0 and programmed half the part, then found out that there is CAD data for that square block, so you import it. Then do CAD=PART. Won't have any good effect if the same corner of the cad that you called X0Y0Z0 on the part is actually X-3, Y+2, Z17 in the cad data.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by AndersI
                          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Fix nominals and vectors in manual alignment, then load CAD model in and rotate and orientate the model into the same position as your CMM part co-ordinates, using CAD transform in drop down menu:

Operation/Graphic Display Window/Transform

Comment

Originally posted by GEO3D View Post
                              Fix nominals and vectors in manual alignment, then load CAD model in and rotate and orientate the model into the same position as your CMM part co-ordinates, using CAD transform in drop down menu:

Operation/Graphic Display Window/Transform

Yes, that is exactly what i do.

Comment