L-shape probe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • L-shape probe

    Can anyone tell me if it's possible I can us this L-shape probe with my current machine. I have 7-10-7 Brown and sharpe with ph10 head and tp200 extansion. Currently running PCDMIS 2010 version. See attached picture for probeL-shape probe.jpg

    Thank you!
    "I saw that!!!" Karma

  • #2
    Should work if it's weight isn't an issue.

    Comment


    • #3
      no really sure how heavy this probe is, but I couldn't even find any information about this probe in my probe files. Chances are I will have to build it from scratch, does anyone have build a probe like this before? I need help on building this L-shape probe files.

      Thanks,
      "I saw that!!!" Karma

      Comment


      • #4
        Cheat it. Use a star-probe that comes close, the build-your-own, not a fixed tip star probe. It really just has to be close, calibration will take care of the rest.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

        Comment


        • #5
          We didn't even have a star-probe on our probe files....i just saw this L-shape probes laying around here and now being ask to put this probe into use... Former CMM Programmer left with bitterness with company and I pay the price. If I were to get a new star probe does Hexagon provide the the new star probe file? or do i just build it base on the catalog list in the book?
          "I saw that!!!" Karma

          Comment


          • #6
            Those should be in your PROBE.DAT file, 2011 has a LOT of probes in it. Maybe you are not seeing it because of the components you have built up in your probe file. They have specific threads and if you are built to a M3 thread, you will not see any components that use M2 threads.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

            Comment


            • #7
              Measure approximately the length of your probe, then choose a extension a little shorter than your probe, add a star extension and a tip on the side...

              Comment


              • #8
                I once had the same problem when trying to build and calibrate a 60MM disk probe. I couldn't find the components in the list so I posted my question in this forum and got many helpful replies. Search for my post ("60mm Disk Probe") and I hope it may help in answering your question. Good luck!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nasejhmoob View Post
                  Can anyone tell me if it's possible I can us this L-shape probe with my current machine. I have 7-10-7 Brown and sharpe with ph10 head and tp200 extansion. Currently running PCDMIS 2010 version. See attached picture for probe[ATTACH=CONFIG]10222[/ATTACH]

                  Thank you!
                  Nasejhmoob, we use a similar build (dogleg probe if you will) and we have a similar CMM (Advantage 7-10-7 w/PH10MQ and TP200b)
                  below is pic of a 'custom' probe build, you can modify to suit your needs. (although the above mentioned tips (pun intended) will probably suffice to help you out)
                  dogleg.JPG
                  ours is a 'lil' stub of a former standard Renishaw .7mm x 20mm tip. Just 'make it your own' by reading the docs at:
                  ftp://wilcoxassoc.com/../docs/How%20...s/PROBFILE.DOC
                  Sending U a usrprobe.dat to assist in your build. (right click to open/edit with notepad or similar)
                  additionally, there are threads on this forum to help U align the leg.
                  this tip has been a real workhorse for us.
                  good luck!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sealevel View Post
                    Nasejhmoob, we use a similar build (dogleg probe if you will) and we have a similar CMM (Advantage 7-10-7 w/PH10MQ and TP200b)
                    below is pic of a 'custom' probe build, you can modify to suit your needs. (although the above mentioned tips (pun intended) will probably suffice to help you out)
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10227[/ATTACH]
                    ours is a 'lil' stub of a former standard Renishaw .7mm x 20mm tip. Just 'make it your own' by reading the docs at:
                    ftp://wilcoxassoc.com/../docs/How%20...s/PROBFILE.DOC
                    Sending U a usrprobe.dat to assist in your build. (right click to open/edit with notepad or similar)
                    additionally, there are threads on this forum to help U align the leg.
                    this tip has been a real workhorse for us.
                    good luck!
                    Thank you! I will try this out and let you all know how it goes.
                    "I saw that!!!" Karma

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I tried it :
                      ITEM:TIP2by40mm_special
                      begintip
                      ribcount 10
                      color 152 152 142
                      cylinder 0 0 0 0 0 -12 4
                      color 60 60 60
                      cylinder 0 0 -12 0 0 -44 4
                      cylinder 1 0 -40 20 0 -40 1.5
                      cone 0 0 -44 4 0 0 -45 2
                      sphere 20 0 -40 2
                      hotspot 20 0 -40 1 0 0 2 2 ball
                      endtip

                      I wrote it in USRPROBE.DAT, saved in the folder C:\ProgramData\WAI\PC-DMIS\2014.1 (Windows 7), the probe looks like what you're looking for...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
                        I tried it :
                        ITEM:TIP2by40mm_special
                        begintip
                        ribcount 10
                        color 152 152 142
                        cylinder 0 0 0 0 0 -12 4
                        color 60 60 60
                        cylinder 0 0 -12 0 0 -44 4
                        cylinder 1 0 -40 20 0 -40 1.5
                        cone 0 0 -44 4 0 0 -45 2
                        sphere 20 0 -40 2
                        hotspot 20 0 -40 1 0 0 2 2 ball
                        endtip

                        I wrote it in USRPROBE.DAT, saved in the folder C:\ProgramData\WAI\PC-DMIS\2014.1 (Windows 7), the probe looks like what you're looking for...
                        Thank you! I will try this and let you know how well it work.
                        "I saw that!!!" Karma

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So...I entered this in for the L-shape probe in USRPROBE.DAT

                          ITEM:TIP2by40mm_special
                          begintip
                          ribcount 10
                          color 152 152 142
                          cylinder 0 0 0 0 0 -12 4
                          color 60 60 60
                          cylinder 0 0 -12 0 0 -44 4
                          cylinder 1 0 -40 20 0 -40 1.5
                          cone 0 0 -44 4 0 0 -45 2
                          sphere 20 0 -40 2
                          hotspot 20 0 -40 1 0 0 2 2 ball
                          endtip

                          ...and I got this message Error.jpg. What did I do wrong?
                          "I saw that!!!" Karma

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is how I build the L-shape probe in probe utility

                            L-shape build.jpg
                            "I saw that!!!" Karma

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maybe the point instead of a comma ? Or inches /mm problem ?

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X