Unstable vector's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unstable vector's

What am I doing wrong here? Using 3.7, MR3. No CAD model, in this case. While working with Auto features. the vector changes when I hit the create button. This causes a mis-hit of course and I have to correct the vector and remeasure. Normally it is ok the second time. Not always though. Thanks for your input.
    sigpicRAH
    B&S GI 10-7-10
    PH10MQ-SP600M
    3.7 MR3

Open up the 'advanced' features (in the DCC Features window) and make sure that the TARGET vectors match your actual vectors. I have seen this (not yet in V3.7) before, it is VERY maddening to type in a vector in the window and have Pcdmis decide to use some other vector than the one you just typed in. I guess hits 'enhancement' that has been around since V3.5 no mr was just too much fun so they left it in.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I did that Matt, and the target vector matched but they both changed when I measured the point.
      sigpicRAH
      B&S GI 10-7-10
      PH10MQ-SP600M
      3.7 MR3

Comment

How does it get a new vector if there isn't a cad model?
        that is very interesting!
        sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

OK, lets check this:
          Are you hitting the TAB key after you have typed in the new vector for ALL 3 vector values? OR, are you hitting enter after you type inthelast vector? DO NOT hit enter until you want to measure it. When you hit enter it will (has in the past) act like you clicked on the CREATE button. If you were just finished typing in a vector, but didn't hit tab, it may (nad this is only may) be seeing the 2 vectors that have been entered, but is still 'seeing' the previous value for the third vector. When the vectors do not trig out correctly, Pcdmis will correct them so that they DO trig out correctly. So, if the third, 'unfinished' vector is drastically different than what it needs to be, this might be causing the problem. Just an idea.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Hmmmm. Let me work with that a few minutes???????
            sigpicRAH
            B&S GI 10-7-10
            PH10MQ-SP600M
            3.7 MR3

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
              OK, lets check this:
              Are you hitting the TAB key after you have typed in the new vector for ALL 3 vector values? OR, are you hitting enter after you type inthelast vector? DO NOT hit enter until you want to measure it. When you hit enter it will (has in the past) act like you clicked on the CREATE button. If you were just finished typing in a vector, but didn't hit tab, it may (nad this is only may) be seeing the 2 vectors that have been entered, but is still 'seeing' the previous value for the third vector. When the vectors do not trig out correctly, Pcdmis will correct them so that they DO trig out correctly. So, if the third, 'unfinished' vector is drastically different than what it needs to be, this might be causing the problem. Just an idea.

Matt I think that is the issue...IMO
              how else would it conjure up a another vector , unless it was from the prior feature values.

I would like to see the function of the tab and enter work together so there isn't a difference in actions between them.

Enter should take the current state of each field in the window as it stands when the button is pressed.
              TAB should and does do it why not the "enter" button?......hmmmm

I found similar differences in the DONE button and the OK button......

One guy programs the DONE button in CA the OK button must be programed in NY
              sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

I think that may be the answer, Matt. I sometimes see it flash the vector it hits for just .2 or .3 second. Thanks for the info.
                sigpicRAH
                B&S GI 10-7-10
                PH10MQ-SP600M
                3.7 MR3

Comment