Lower Matrix help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Matrix help?

Can anyone assist me with directions on how to perform a lower matrix? Hexagon did one when we replaced our SP600 and our PH10M but I have been un successful so far. I keep receiving an error saying incorrect number of tips selected, You must select one and only one tip for this operation.
    Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

http://pcdmiswiki.org/index.php?titl...r_Level_Matrix
    Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

Thanks BIGWIG7, have successfully performed the lower matrix and I'm on to probe qualification.
      Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

Use your master probe (A0B0) ONLY
        Jesse Krook

Comment

+1
          And, for a SP600, use a stylus length 50mm, Diameter 8mm

Comment

Originally posted by giantslayer View Post
            Thanks BIGWIG7, have successfully performed the lower matrix and I'm on to probe qualification.
            You got it big pimpin.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGWIG7 View Post
              You got it big pimpin.
              In the past I ran a program to check the quality of my probe qualification. I have never seen numbers as low as now that I have done the lower matrix, the highest deviation I have is in the Millionths, thanks all.
              Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

I have a question, I am trying to write instructions so that other people can perform the low level matrix long after I am gone here where I work. I am quite anal about getting all my information accurate and I was wondering if I was to go through all the steps so I can write everything down and perform the low level matrix, could I just cancel in the probe utility once I am done and that would delete any changes I made to the probe? This way I would not need to qualify my tips afterward.
                Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by giantslayer View Post
                  I have a question, I am trying to write instructions so that other people can perform the low level matrix long after I am gone here where I work. I am quite anal about getting all my information accurate and I was wondering if I was to go through all the steps so I can write everything down and perform the low level matrix, could I just cancel in the probe utility once I am done and that would delete any changes I made to the probe? This way I would not need to qualify my tips afterward.
                  performing a LOWER MATRIX calibration doesnt mean you dont have to qualify tips afterwards. in other words, calibrate your tips after a LMC.

LM very rarely needs to be done. usually after a power outage, or a tough crash, or every few months you want to reverify the accuracy of your machine.

just print out the instructions in the link and put them in a folder somewhere. LM cal is not a daily, weekly, or routine necessity for our CMM's.
                  Last edited by BIGWIG7; 02-25-2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

...plus it's all well and good performing it, but do you know how to interpret the results?
                    Applications Engineer
                    Hexagon UK

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
                      ...plus it's all well and good performing it, but do you know how to interpret the results?
                      The thing is we had recently replaced our PH10 motorized indexing head and performed a lower matrix, actually had paid hexagon to come in and do it. The owner of the company wanted me to write down the instructions on how to do this. I find the Low level matrix information a bit vague, especially for someone not extremely familiar with navigating pc-dmis. As far as being able to interpret the data....um well, it says that the data produced should be in decimal and if whole numbers are present that there might be a problem? All I know is I had reason to believe that a lower matrix needed to be performed and it seemed to make the machine more accurate but as far as frequency, I will only do it if I believe it needs to be done as a result of major crashes and what not.
                      Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

http://pcdmiswiki.org/index.php?titl...r_Level_Matrix
                        Jesse Krook

Comment

I have an older file with lots of informatoin on the SP600.
                          PM me if you'd like a copy.

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X