Standard deviation error for probe calibration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard deviation error for probe calibration.

Cant figure out what it is. I have a 1mm TP20 on an SM25 base. After restarting my machine and PCDMIS, I started getting a deviation of .02 mm when trying to use this as my master probe. I took apart the whole thing and cleaned it with a microfiber and the cleaning putty, put it back together, and now Im getting a deviation of .03. Any suggestions of other things to check? I'll post a picture of the probe settings shortly.

Is the ruby intact?
    What about the calibration sphere?

Comment

double check and make sure your probe build is the same in both the software and on the cmm. after running for 4.5 years i still mistake a .7mm for a 1mm probe.
      Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

Ruby tip was fine, went to double check the calibration ball was intact and...
        calibration ball was loose. So I guess the joke's on me... how many metrologists does it take to screw in a calibration sphere? Apparently more than one.

Comment

I've had a bad std dev some times, when the stylus was not properly screwed on. Try to tighten it with an appropriate tool.
          DEA Mistral (PC-DMIS 3.5)
          Zeiss Contura G2 (Calypso)
          Zeiss Accura (Calypso)
          Zeiss MC 550 (PC-DMIS 3.7)
          Mitutoyo BH 706 (MCOSMOS Geopak)

Comment

Originally posted by ANDREW CRAWFORD View Post
            Ruby tip was fine, went to double check the calibration ball was intact and...
            calibration ball was loose. So I guess the joke's on me... how many metrologists does it take to screw in a calibration sphere? Apparently more than one.
            had that issue before. the sphere just came off the shank

I fixed it with JB weld

Comment

Yeah, Ive already had the shank not being screwed on bite me in the *** a while ago. There's a lot of stuff to remember but you (usually) only have to make the mistake once and you don't forget!

Comment