PC dmis training - CMM-training.co.uk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PC dmis training - CMM-training.co.uk

    Hi my company is looking into getting me some CMM training but the hexagon courses are booked up untill april/may.

    We have been looking into a company called CMM-programming.co.uk However we cannot find any testamonials or reviews about the company.

    Has anyone heard of this company and used them or know if theyre any good?

    B,T and D

    EDIT: wrote the wrong name of the company in the title. Its CMM-programming.co.uk

  • #2
    Check your messages
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigtallanddopey View Post
      Hi my company is looking into getting me some CMM training but the hexagon courses are booked up untill april/may.

      We have been looking into a company called CMM-programming.co.uk However we cannot find any testamonials or reviews about the company.

      Has anyone heard of this company and used them or know if theyre any good? EDIT: wrote the wrong name of the company in the title. Its CMM-programming.co.uk

      On a legal note there is only one authorised re-seller of Pc Dmis in the UK which is 'Status Metrology in Sandiacre' so the company you have found, they can only 'verify' calibrations of Pc Dmis Cmm's.

      As the password changes daily they will struggle to update any calibration settings for your Cmm. They don't mention that in their brochure....

      http://www.status-cmm.co.uk/training/training-courses

      Have a look @ their website & then give them a ring & ask for Tony.... or Don. Both are very helpful.
      Poleaxe

      Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
      Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Poleaxe View Post
        On a legal note there is only one authorised re-seller of Pc Dmis in the UK which is 'Status Metrology in Sandiacre' so the company you have found, they can only 'verify' calibrations of Pc Dmis Cmm's.

        As the password changes daily they will struggle to update any calibration settings for your Cmm. They don't mention that in their brochure....

        http://www.status-cmm.co.uk/training/training-courses

        Have a look @ their website & then give them a ring & ask for Tony.... or Don. Both are very helpful.

        He's on about training - what are you on about?


        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
          He's on about training - what are you on about?


          Training...... as per the enclosed link in my reply to his original query, he said they were booked up til April or May time. Did you not read that bit NB?

          Their brochure claims they can calibrate Cmm's with Pc Dmis when they quite clearly cannot.

          That gives me a clue as to how competent they are which I thought he should be aware of.
          Poleaxe

          Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
          Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Poleaxe View Post
            ...
            Their brochure claims they can calibrate Cmm's with Pc Dmis when they quite clearly cannot.
            ...
            Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I have to ask. Poleaxe, this isn't clear to me, how did you reach that conclusion?

            Comment


            • #7
              Ah right - he asked about training and I thought your reply was about calibration - simply thought you'd misread his OP.

              You are quite right about the calibration however.


              Anyway - how are you? I thought you were retiring? Or have I got my wires totally crossed?
              Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rondog View Post
                Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I have to ask. Poleaxe, this isn't clear to me, how did you reach that conclusion?
                I believe they can perform a verification to ISO 10360 (which if everything passes I suppose you could call a calibration) but they can't access or correct the error map (AFAIK)
                Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
                  I believe they can perform a verification to ISO 10360 (which if everything passes I suppose you could call a calibration) but they can't access or correct the error map (AFAIK)
                  I wouldn't associate verification with calibration (on a CMM at least). I do associate CMM verification with 'Joke' (and not a very funny one at that).

                  I don't know this company at all since they are many time zones away from me; they might as well be on the moon as far as I am concerned. But, I would assume that they would be able to update the compensation map especially if they invested capital into the equipment required to do this. It is not rocket science and I know there are third party tools available for this purpose.

                  Hi-jack done. I was just curious why it was stated so positively.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rondog View Post
                    I wouldn't associate verification with calibration (on a CMM at least). I do associate CMM verification with 'Joke' (and not a very funny one at that).

                    I don't know this company at all since they are many time zones away from me; they might as well be on the moon as far as I am concerned. But, I would assume that they would be able to update the compensation map especially if they invested capital into the equipment required to do this. It is not rocket science and I know there are third party tools available for this purpose.

                    Hi-jack done. I was just curious why it was stated so positively.

                    NB is right in his assessments of both my retirement & the legalities of only 'verifying' Cmm calibrations.

                    The error maps in Pc Dmis cannot be accessed without the password from Hexagon, changed on a daily basis here in the UK.

                    I became aware of this fact in 2009, I was self employed, & found one company had paid for 8 years of previous ‘calibrations’ & the error maps were only ever ‘verified’ in all that time.

                    Lots of legal tears & finger pointing…. but if the bosses (world over) cannot be interested enough in what happens on their watch eventually it becomes the norm.
                    Poleaxe

                    Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
                    Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Poleaxe View Post
                      NB is right in his assessments of both my retirement & the legalities of only 'verifying' Cmm calibrations.

                      The error maps in Pc Dmis cannot be accessed without the password from Hexagon, changed on a daily basis here in the UK.

                      I became aware of this fact in 2009, I was self employed, & found one company had paid for 8 years of previous ‘calibrations’ & the error maps were only ever ‘verified’ in all that time.

                      Lots of legal tears & finger pointing…. but if the bosses (world over) cannot be interested enough in what happens on their watch eventually it becomes the norm.
                      Ah, retirement. The dream of everyone who hates their job (runner up to winning the lottery).

                      I think you mean the software used to access the maps (whatever that is in the UK) requires a password. Fair enough. The fact they couldn't come up with a solution in 8 years is bad as they obviously were not trying hard enough. They simply didn't have the tools for the job.

                      As far as the legalize goes I don't see any problem unless they misrepresented the results in some way (I assume they must have, after 8 years you would think something changed).

                      Maybe this answers my original question. Does this thread happen to contain the name of the company, somewhere near the top, whom you became aware of around, oh lets say, 2009?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Haha! Give him a break, dog. You’re ruining his retirement…)))

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dungt View Post
                          haha! Give him a break, dog. You’re ruining his retirement…:d)))
                          lol.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rondog View Post
                            Ah, retirement. The dream of everyone who hates their job (runner up to winning the lottery).

                            I think you mean the software used to access the maps (whatever that is in the UK) requires a password. NO...access to the the error map is hidden behind a password changed daily. Fair enough. The fact they couldn't come up with a solution in 8 years is bad as they obviously were not trying hard enough. They simply didn't have the tools for the job.

                            As far as the legalize goes I don't see any problem unless they misrepresented the results in some way (I assume they must have, after 8 years you would think something changed).

                            Maybe this answers my original question. Does this thread happen to contain the name of the company, somewhere near the top, whom you became aware of around, oh lets say, 2009?

                            The firm that I was sub-contracted to had been led by the nose for 8 years by a metrology firm purporting to calibrate and not just verify their Cmm's.... only concerning Pc Dmis software.

                            Nothing was ever done about it...... think about it... when is any management ever going to own up to making a big mistake? I suspected funny handshakes & the like.

                            On another occasion, same era, same area another aerospace firm was signing off most of its inspection reports & all annual audits using the signature stamp of the quality manager.

                            So? Lots do it (becoming the norm)

                            Yesssss-ish but not 5 years after the QM has retired & living over the border. They had their 'aerospace' nuts well & truly stamped on, but that is another story.

                            I was shown on a night shift how to manipulate the error map in C Mis software for a report on bore size on components for export, so not all software error maps are well protected.

                            So back to his original query, speak with the guys in Sandiacre, they do have access to Pc Dmis error maps.... & an excellent training package.
                            Poleaxe

                            Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
                            Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So whilst you guys are saying that the company in question may offer training, they may not be the best company to go for because they dont have the true ability to calibrate a CMM using pc-dmis???

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X