4.1 self destructingCAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.1 self destructingCAD

I've had this happen 3 times now. I start a new program , import the CAD, build the program and run it. Now I mirror the program and the CAD is gone. nothing left but some lines and dots that wernt even visable on the originial CAD. And whats worse I can't even bring in the originial CAD to alter it. The mirroried program will not allow what was a good CAD file to come in. Anyone seen this? Any one have a idea that might help?

Sounds like a bug to me. Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Try this...
      Go to EDIT>>GRAPHIC DISPLAY WINDOW>>VIEW SETUP. Within this window take a look at the "levels" and if there are more than one choose them one at a time until you see something? That's all I can think of at the moment. I have used the "mirror" function within 4.1 and not had a problem(just fyi).
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Maybe more memory?
        I've had lots of strange problems with CAD, even with RAM max'd out for XP
        I've had CAD dissappear, I've had it come in different ways with different imports (same file).
        I'm hoping the fix will be V4.2 with 64 bit O/S and more RAM (but I'm not very optimistic).
        I do believe some problems are imported with CAD files as well (how they're made/saved/etc.)

Comment

No memory is not the problem. But thanks.

Originally posted by RussL View Post
          Maybe more memory?
          I've had lots of strange problems with CAD, even with RAM max'd out for XP
          I've had CAD dissappear, I've had it come in different ways with different imports (same file).
          I'm hoping the fix will be V4.2 with 64 bit O/S and more RAM (but I'm not very optimistic).
          I do believe some problems are imported with CAD files as well (how they're made/saved/etc.)
          No memory is not the problem. But thanks.

Comment

No not that, but thanks

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            Try this...
            Go to EDIT>>GRAPHIC DISPLAY WINDOW>>VIEW SETUP. Within this window take a look at the "levels" and if there are more than one choose them one at a time until you see something? That's all I can think of at the moment. I have used the "mirror" function within 4.1 and not had a problem(just fyi).
            No not that, but thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
              Sounds like a bug to me. Jan.
              Yeah that's what I'm thinking, but was hopping that someone had seen it and gotten around it somehow.

Comment

I've had nothing but problems with v4.1 importing cad that will behave. Tech support will have the same problems, but not when they import with v4.2 and then export to v4.1 format. But that does not help me until I get v4.2. But with all the other issues I have with v4.1, I have gone back to v3.7 mr3 untill I see positive feedback here on v4.2.

Comment