How to change into command mode everytime open PC-DMIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change into command mode everytime open PC-DMIS?

Everytime I open PC-DMIS, it goes into summary mode , does someone know what setting can be changed to make it into command mode when opening PC-DMIS.
    Thanks a lot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9960[/ATTACH]

view > command mode
    Jesse Krook

Comment

When you are opening PC-DMIS, is it after a crash/unexpected shut-down, or after you have exited the software through the File menu?

In my experience any changes to the settings are not made permanent until you manually exit PC-DMIS. If you change settings and then the software crashes, the settings will not be retained the next time you open it. I recommend you change the setting as YGOLORTEM mentioned, then immediately exit and restart the software.

Comment

Does this happen when opening created programs or when you begin a new program?
        Robert Horne
        Va.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Cai View Post
          Everytime I open PC-DMIS, it goes into summary mode , does someone know what setting can be changed to make it into command mode when opening PC-DMIS.
          Thanks a lot.
          Over a 5-year period I found that I made a lot less programming mistakes in 'Summary Mode' than when in command mode.

Errant optical mouse was the main culprit.

Fat fingers, boredom & interruptions were some other obvious ones.
          Poleaxe

Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
          Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Poleaxe View Post
            Over a 5-year period I found that I made a lot less programming mistakes in 'Summary Mode' than when in command mode.

Errant optical mouse was the main culprit.

Fat fingers, boredom & interruptions were some other obvious ones.
            I have tried summary mode when I first started programming, and I quickly found (at least it was back then), that you couldn't do a lot of things that you can do in the Command mode, so I made myself to convert and never looked back again!
            B&S One
            PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Both
              Originally posted by robehor4 View Post
              Does this happen when opening created programs or when you begin a new program?

Comment

This is what I have always done to keep my settings the way I want them. Open any program, put your settings the way you want them, and then do a file / close as opposed to a file / quit. This always saves whatever settings I have.
                I'm pretty good at drinking beer

Comment

Have you tried saving the window layout? I'm sure thats what i had to do!

Comment