Volcomp message?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Volcomp message?

    When starting up 3.7mr3 I get a message stating "Invalid Volcomp configuration, volcomp will not be used". What is this and how do I fix this? Thanks for the help.
    Global Status 12-22-10
    Global Performance 9-15-8
    CAD++ 2015.1_SP7

  • #2
    Well, Hopefully you have a copy of your comp.dat file backed up. If so place it within your 3.7mr3 folder and say yes to replace the old one. Should take care of it?
    sigpic

    James Mannes

    Comment


    • #3
      You will need to turn it on in the SETTINGS EDITOR as well, for the SHARPE32 controller, vol-comp method = 14
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

      Comment


      • #4
        I can not find a file named comp.dat in the 3.7mr3 folder. I also have 3.5mr2 loaded and that comes up fine. I look in the 3.5mr2 directory for a file named comp.dat and I cannot find it? I have a Leitz controller, could that be the difference?
        Global Status 12-22-10
        Global Performance 9-15-8
        CAD++ 2015.1_SP7

        Comment


        • #5
          Did you recently install 3.7mr3? Has 3.7mr3 worked previously?

          Comment


          • #6
            I had 3.7mr3 loaded before and it work fine, I just never used it. What happen was I exported the settings in 3.5mr2 which I have been using all the time and had the toolbars and hot keys set the way I liked. So I imported the settings in the 3.7mr3 directory through the Setup Editor and I got this message now. I didn't think it was going to create this big of a problem.
            Global Status 12-22-10
            Global Performance 9-15-8
            CAD++ 2015.1_SP7

            Comment


            • #7
              Without volcomp, your machine is probably less accurate then a pair of calipers. Make sure that even IF you get this message to go away, you verify that you have loaded the correct (or latest) file. Measure a couple of ball bar positions or larger gauge blocks. If you do NOT have the right volcomp, you will quickly find accuracy issues. And you would need a full re-cal.

              I had a similar issue, found a file, copied it and the message went away. Came to find out it was an old file and my machine was not accurate anymore. Quite embrassing. Obviously.


              Jan.
              ***************************
              PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
              Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                Without volcomp, your machine is probably less accurate then a pair of calipers. Make sure that even IF you get this message to go away, you verify that you have loaded the correct (or latest) file. Measure a couple of ball bar positions or larger gauge blocks. If you do NOT have the right volcomp, you will quickly find accuracy issues. And you would need a full re-cal.

                I had a similar issue, found a file, copied it and the message went away. Came to find out it was an old file and my machine was not accurate anymore. Quite embrassing. Obviously.


                Jan.
                Along those lines, It may be worth the "wasted" $$ to have the cal. guy come in now if he is only a few months from being due. I only say "wasted" because management will look at it that way. How many bad parts could you ship and how much would that cost the company compared to the cost of calibration?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have this happen occasionally and service techs told to me to shut down and restart the controller and the comp would relset itself.
                  Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                  Contura Calypso 5.4

                  Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dwade View Post
                    I have this happen occasionally and service techs told to me to shut down and restart the controller and the comp would relset itself.
                    I think that only works for machines that store the comp file IN the controller, the Sharpe32 does not do that.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I can not find a file named comp.dat in the 3.7mr3 folder. I also have 3.5mr2 loaded and that comes up fine. I look in the 3.5mr2 directory for a file named comp.dat and I cannot find it? I have a Leitz controller, could that be the difference?
                      I guess that might apply then...
                      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Problem solved. Tech Support called and I had to copy the Leitz.dll file to a different folder, rename file to interfac.dll, paste it in the directory where the 3.7mr3 resides it will ask to overwrite existing file, say yes, problem solved. I did run a few ball bars to verify that it is checking fine. All is well. Thanks for the help.
                        Global Status 12-22-10
                        Global Performance 9-15-8
                        CAD++ 2015.1_SP7

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X