Accessing DataPage from PC-DMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing DataPage from PC-DMIS

Is it possible to access DataPage from PC-DMIS to calculate standard deviation?

I'm trying to set a tolerance zone of 2 standard deviations based on the history of the feature's position.

v3.5 MR2
    "Your mom goes to college."
    Kip

SHORT ANSWER - NOPE

Long answer, it might be possible to access a FILE created by Datapage, but I am not sure how you would do it. It would require YOUR input in making the Datapage report, you would have to do it, everytime, no way to automate it. Then you would have to find some way to make Pcdmis access that file and find the particular data IN the file you want to use and then make Pcdmis use it somehow. It can probably be done, but I can see pages and pages and pages of code required to get there. It would be a LOT easier to prompt the user at the beginning of the program to make the stat report, then enter in the 2-STDDEV value in an input, then let Pcdmis take it from there.

HOWEVER, once you change the tolerance, and save the data to Datapage, the NEW tolerances will then be in datapage and the STD-DEV will be different.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks Matt.
      "Your mom goes to college."
      Kip

Comment