GAGE R&R using PCDMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAGE R&R using PCDMIS

Anyone done any GAGE R & R's with PCDMIS? What was your repeatability? Range?
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Do you mean a Gage R&R ON Pcdmis or on a gage, using the CMM and Pcdmis?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

On a gage using PCDMIS.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I've done both...

Customer requires GRR on all gages that is used on all key characteristics.
        CMM is one - although not a full blown GRR (appraiser var is ignored or not evaluated), it does give an indication of accuracy + precision. I've no problem staying within the 10% requirement.

When you refer to a gage, do you mean fixtures or fuctional gage?

I've only performed on fixtures that will hold parts to check on CMM - again not a full blown GRR but comes close. It will show repeatability when removing and replacing parts on the holding fixture - also if it uses clamps then sequence becomes important. At least it will give me a sense of security using the fixture before it's fully employed and if needed modification, it will show that too.

I have not done GRR on functional gage (or any other gages) for that becomes an Attribute GRR - Go/NoGo... I've used the CMM to verify that it is made right though.

JRZ
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 3.7 from 4.2 MR1

Comment

Yep, do them quite often. We don't have the GR&R option on Datapage, but I can do it using Datapage and Excel.

Pretty simple, but time consuming, the standard GR&R is 5 parts, 2 operators, 3 trials for each part, for a total of 30 checks. If you have the GR&R option of Datapage, you MUST use tracefields, one for each of the 3 'sections'. I use them even though we don't have the Datapage option, just in case something gets done in the wrong order, as long as the tracfields are correct, I can get it sorted back out.

Normal procedure is OP1 runs all his (her) checks, then OP2 does the same. Datapage will automatically sort them by the tracefields, so the actual order does not matter, as long as the tracefileds are correct.

TRACEFIELD1 = OPERATOR
          TRACEFIELD2 = SAMPLE
          TRACEFIELD3 = TRIAL
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment