Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP20 vs mp probe module

I got ph10mq head with TP20 probe.
    I was wondering if i could be using TESASTAR-mp stylus holding module?

The Tesastar modules are just re-badged TP20 modules, made by Renishaw.

Comment

I thought so but wasn't sure. It's been a while since i used TP20.
      Thanks BKulpa

Comment

I thought that internally they are almost the same, but I'm not sure that they are interchangable from the connection side. I would have a serious discussion with your local Hexagon Rep. Maybe even bring one of the MP modules by to see if it works. Let us know if it does the about $200 savings for the MP vs. TP modules is a lot when your managers watch the pennies they give inspection to spend.
        DeWain Hodge

Comment

The MP body and module should work fine on a PH10, likewise the TP20 kit works on a MP or HH head. The modules themselves are not interchangeable between the MP/TP20 body however. The relevant probe body/module is just a switch so there shouldn't be any issues using either,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          PC-Dmis V3.7 to 2011MR2 DatapageRT/Datapage+
          Global, Sheffield, Tracker, Leitz, PMM
          Never confuse movement with action!

Comment

I opened a ticked and asked the hexagon support. They said yes.

Comment

Originally posted by omega3 View Post
              The MP body and module should work fine on a PH10, likewise the TP20 kit works on a MP or HH head. The modules themselves are not interchangeable between the MP/TP20 body however. The relevant probe body/module is just a switch so there shouldn't be any issues using either,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

However I'm wondering if this is just a UK thing, I know when you build a probe in the probe utilities there's a TesastarMP_US option, maybe in the states they're interchangeable.
              Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment