Can i use formulas to calculate dimensions and show it on the report?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can i use formulas to calculate dimensions and show it on the report?

    I have a dimension that it is imposible to get directly, i have to calculate the dimension measuring other fixtures, but in the report i want to show the exact dimension the is call out on the drawing.

    is that possible on PC-dmis?

  • #2
    Not sure exactly what you mean but you could use a variable then report the variable.
    sigpicSTANDING CORRECTED IS THE ONLY WAY I STAND

    Comment


    • #3
      Anything is possible.

      A) assign variables

      B) generic features

      C) key-in dimensioning

      D) etcetera

      B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

      There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, you can, but it's a bit cumbersome IMO.

        First step is to take the measurements of the relating features and create dimensions if needed.
        To perform the calculations you want, create a variable and enter your formula. Here's an example that gets the difference in Z values between two points:
        Code:
        ASSIGN/ V1= PNT1.Z-PNT2.Z
        (AFK. Not sure if this is correct syntax.)

        The trick here is that the syntax has to be perfect or your calculations will not work. Use the Expression Builder to get started (double-click to the right side of the = and hit F2 on the keyboard). After it is created, hover the mouse over the variable in your Edit Window to see if the calculated value is what you expected.

        Once you are successful with your variable, create a generic feature and plug your variable name (e.g. V1) into one of the measured value fields (you must key it into the Edit Window). Make sure you enter the nominal as well. In my example, I'd create a generic point (PNT3); in the Edit Window for the Z value I'll enter 1.25,V1 (nom,meas).

        Your last step is to create a dimension for that generic feature. (LOC dimension for Z axis).

        For more info, look into the help files for variables, expressions, and the Expression Builder.

        Comment


        • #5
          I THINK HE WANTS keyd-in dimension.
          B&S One
          PC-DMIS CAD v2014

          Romer Infinity

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks @Thebradish, thats what i am looking for, i'll try it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hitalov View Post
              Thanks @Thebradish, thats what i am looking for, i'll try it.
              Make sure all of your features, dimensions, etc are named using only letters, numbers, and underscores, or else it won't work. If you named a circle "14.92 ID", for example, you won't be able to build an expression with that feature name.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheBradish View Post
                Yes, you can, but it's a bit cumbersome IMO.

                First step is to take the measurements of the relating features and create dimensions if needed.
                To perform the calculations you want, create a variable and enter your formula. Here's an example that gets the difference in Z values between two points:
                Code:
                ASSIGN/ V1= PNT1.Z-PNT2.Z
                (AFK. Not sure if this is correct syntax.)

                The trick here is that the syntax has to be perfect or your calculations will not work. Use the Expression Builder to get started (double-click to the right side of the = and hit F2 on the keyboard). After it is created, hover the mouse over the variable in your Edit Window to see if the calculated value is what you expected.

                Once you are successful with your variable, create a generic feature and plug your variable name (e.g. V1) into one of the measured value fields (you must key it into the Edit Window). Make sure you enter the nominal as well. In my example, I'd create a generic point (PNT3); in the Edit Window for the Z value I'll enter 1.25,V1 (nom,meas).

                Your last step is to create a dimension for that generic feature. (LOC dimension for Z axis).

                For more info, look into the help files for variables, expressions, and the Expression Builder.
                OK i did all that, now how can i print my results on the report? how can i tnasfer all the results to the report window?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheBradish View Post

                  Your last step is to create a dimension for that generic feature. (LOC dimension for Z axis).
                  Originally posted by hitalov View Post
                  OK i did all that, now how can i print my results on the report? how can i tnasfer all the results to the report window?
                  The Bradish gave you all what you need... !

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X