Datapage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datapage

I DL 4.1 to a new directory so that I can still run 3.7.

I have no problem running 3.7 with stats but when I run the same program with 4.1 I get a Database System Error -127
    "Database files do not exist in selected directory" if I press ok a dialog box "pc dmis upgrade 3.2" comes up and the stats then shoot to the proper directory.

Why this error ??

Coot

xstats11.tmp

try deleting your XSTATS11.TMP file in the v4.1 folder

Comment

That worked ! Thx Don

Coot

Comment

Use this code and your XSTATS11 file will be deleted each time you run the program...

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...8127#post38127
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

reason behind it

Just so you know the reason it worked. . .

XSTATS11.TMP stores all stats information wiaiting to be sent to DataPage. This could be one part worth or hundreds of runs worth. If one of these has a bad database reference, it will not go across but will remain in the file. Every time you run it tries again, and you get this error, and it never goes across. You could go in and correct this bad reference to send it again, or just delete the file. The latter method implies that the data associated with the bad reference (if any) was not necessary. . . .

Comment

So where does the bad reference come from? I am guessing it is a Datapage issue. I know for a fact I can run the same prg over and over with no problems and then out of the blue wham I have a problem getting the data there. Do you know if this is typically a problem with PCDMIS or Datapage. I am kind of curious how the information goes over there as well. Does PCDMIS post it directly or does it go through a utility that acesses the database? I have no knowledge of the database for Datapage so I am not familiar at all with the data transfer or database connection. That part is just a matter of curiosity really.

Craig
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I just didn't understand how the same program ran ok on 3.7 but didn't for 4.1 , till now.

Coot

Comment

Hand-off

PC-DMIS creates the XSTATS11.TMP with the database name, the data, and a few other bits of information. It repeats this for every "transaction", and keeps appending to the file if it is not set to AutoUpdate.

When the update is triggered, it runs the DPUPDATE.EXE utility, which reads from this file and sends it into the actual database. This can happen via the STATS/UPDATE command or can be implied at the end of a program run.

There will be a copy of this file in every folder where PC-DMIS is running, if it has not been updated. The copy in v37 won't be identical to the copy in the v4.0 folder, they should at least have different data, and possibly different database paths.

It is a text file. Open it some time and look at it. Don't save it in case you mistakenly made any changes.

Comment

It is usually caused by someone forgetting to put a database path in the pcdmis stats command. Or moving/changing the database path. So far it has not been a Datapage issue. Maybe someone tried a test in V41 before you ran your program and that put invalid information in the XSTATS11.TMP file. If there is ANY error during the update process this file is not deleted. This allows the user the ability to view/edit the file to put the valid path into it. If you decide the data is not needed simply delete the file.

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
                    It is usually caused by someone forgetting to put a database path in the pcdmis stats command. Or moving/changing the database path. So far it has not been a Datapage issue. Maybe someone tried a test in V41 before you ran your program and that put invalid information in the XSTATS11.TMP file. If there is ANY error during the update process this file is not deleted. This allows the user the ability to view/edit the file to put the valid path into it. If you decide the data is not needed simply delete the file.
                    OK but what I'm asking is, and I'll desribe the situation first; A 1) program is written > 2) the program is executed > 3) the stats go to Datapage > 4) repeat step 2 and 3 several hundred times with no modification > 5) there is a problem updating the stats even though no modifications have been made either to the prg or to Datapage, my question is in regards to step number 5. Given steps 1 through 4 how does step number 5 occur? Inevitably, if you have Datapage step 5 will occur even though steps 2 and 3 happen flawlessly through more than one itteration. Is this an issue with the utility that manages the data transfer? I guess my knowing would not really change things, like I said before I'm just curious. It has been a persistent problem since my introduction to Datapage over 8 years ago.
                    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

If nothing has changed I would expect no error to occur. The -127 error is INVALID DATABASE PATH. This path value is placed in the XSTATS11.TMP file by pcdmis. There could be other errors such as not being able to get a read/write lock on the database. Yes I have seen many comments about the -127 and deleting the stats files does clear it. How about posting the file when it happens (zipped of course) so it can be looked at to try to determine the cause?

Comment

Would adding that code to delete the xstats11 file work if there is no xstats file? I get the 127 error, but I can't find the xstats file in the PCDMIS directory or, anywhere on the computer for that matter. I'm using V4.1 and QC-Calc.
                        Who am I, where am I, what's going on?

Comment

I do not think QC-Calc is set up properly. I do not know how that stats package works but if you are getting a -127 error then pcdmis is trying to send the data to datapage (unless QC-Calc has the same error condition as Datapage). XSTATS11.TMP should reside in the pcdmis part program directory. I think the code to delete checks to see if the file exists before deleting it.

Comment

Originally posted by boximus View Post
                            Would adding that code to delete the xstats11 file work if there is no xstats file? I get the 127 error, but I can't find the xstats file in the PCDMIS directory or, anywhere on the computer for that matter. I'm using V4.1 and QC-Calc.
                            The error may be coming from the fact that you have not created a database within DATAPAGE for the stats to be sent. You must first...
                            Go to the folder in which you wish to save your stats(or make the folder). Open DATAPAGE>>FILE>>EDITOR>>DATABASE>>NEW, browse to the location of your folder click on the folder to ensure it is open. Click OK, then click OK again a message should come saying databse is going to be created. Click ok.
                            Within PC-DMIS go to...
                            INSERT>>STATISTICS COMMAND>>STATISTICS>>ADD DIRECTORY TO LIST, browse to the correct folder, double click, ok and ok. Now, when you run the program an XSTATS11.tmp file should be created. If not...
                            1-800-343-7933
                            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment