Vectors keep changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectors keep changing

I am typing my theo vectors in, but they keep changing? Any ideas why this would happen?

What are the numbers you are typing for vectors and what is the angle of approach?

Comment

Originally posted by Amber View Post
      I am typing my theo vectors in, but they keep changing? Any ideas why this would happen?
      Assign the I,J,K numbers to 3 variables, use the variables in the feature code instead of actual numbers. HTH
      Last edited by Liambo734; 10-29-2014, 12:40 PM.
      3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

1,0,0 it will change it to something like 1,0.0000013,0.0000024 I change it back then after the program runs a few times it will change them again

Comment

Are you saying that the THEOs are changing or ACTLs?
          Either way, i do not think this change would be enough to mess up your program. The change in angle is something like .0002°.

Comment

The theos are changing. You're probably correct, it won't mess up my program, but it's not supposed to happen.

Comment

You might have the option 'Find Theo's During Execution' enabled. It is under Edit-Preferences-Setup or F5. This would change the nominal values when you execute a vector point.

Comment

Are you making "partial alignments"? Like level only?
                Try leveling, rotating and translating all in one block.
                sigpicIt's corona time!
                737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
                  Are you making "partial alignments"? Like level only?
                  Try leveling, rotating and translating all in one block.
                  This.

Comment

Variableize your hits. That's what I do. The demon likes to change theos on me every now and again too. My alignments are fine. The points just don't wanna stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Negative, Ghostrider...the pattern is full...

Comment

Is it done after an alignment with non-square vectors? What I mean is, do you do something like a manual alignment off of the part, the THEO vectors for the level feature come in at something like <-0.00044,0.00022,0.999987>, then you use that feature to set the Z level?

Comment

I have seen this happen for a few reasons. One is if you do manually measured features for an initial alignment and then refine it with DCC features, a best practice would be to align to the manual features in one alignment step if possible (DCC alignments can be several steps to several features). A second is if the theo vectors for any of the manual alignment features (especially the level feature) are not true to the alignment axis (e.g. 0,0,1, etc) it can affect the vectors after the DCC alignment. If you are using CAD, I have seen where a model is not true to the X, Y, Z axis causing the same issue.

Comment

Do you have CAD model?

Comment