Dea Mistral Controller down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dea Mistral Controller down

    I have a fuse in the UnideaP (Tutor-P) controller that blows within 15 seconds of powering on, before the machine even initializes.

    It is on the main power supply board in the controller.

    We bought the machine used some 8 years ago and don't have the service manual.

    Does anyone have, or have links to, the schematics for the controller so I can track down the short/dead component?

    I have a call in to Hexagon, but aside from needing to get this up and running, I have the feeling they are going to tell me to replace the controller for more money than it's worth.

    Without any wiring diagrams, though, I'm never going to find the problem without pulling each component off it's board one at a time and testing them individually, which will also cost (in time and my pay) more than the machine is worth.

    Thanks for any help you've got.

  • #2
    i worked a Mistral a few years back now, but after say a Christmas break when we had to power the machine down, on return and initial power up it would blow the main power board in the controller. I don't have any part numbers or specs but we called HEX and they sent a refurbished power board and we had the company electrician fit it and test it and it worked. From the call with HEX it sounded like a common fault. Sorry I can't be more helpful. HTH
    3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Caemgen View Post
      I have a fuse in the UnideaP (Tutor-P) controller that blows within 15 seconds of powering on, before the machine even initializes.

      It is on the main power supply board in the controller.

      We bought the machine used some 8 years ago and don't have the service manual.

      Does anyone have, or have links to, the schematics for the controller so I can track down the short/dead component?

      I have a call in to Hexagon, but aside from needing to get this up and running, I have the feeling they are going to tell me to replace the controller for more money than it's worth.

      Without any wiring diagrams, though, I'm never going to find the problem without pulling each component off it's board one at a time and testing them individually, which will also cost (in time and my pay) more than the machine is worth.

      Thanks for any help you've got.
      Which fuse? There are more than one mounted on the power supply. I assume you are referring to the supply on the right side (with all the LED's) and not the one mounted on the back of the drawer next to the fan.

      I know these machines quite well. I am sure I have the information you are looking for.

      Comment


      • #4
        I had a problem with a fuse on a sharp32z, and I changed it by a "special fuse" that support peak current during startup.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rondog View Post
          Which fuse? There are more than one mounted on the power supply. I assume you are referring to the supply on the right side (with all the LED's) and not the one mounted on the back of the drawer next to the fan.

          I know these machines quite well. I am sure I have the information you are looking for.
          You are correct about where I'm talking... it is fuse F6, a 2A MDA/GSA/265 Slow Blow ceramic case fuse.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Caemgen View Post
            You are correct about where I'm talking... it is fuse F6, a 2A MDA/GSA/265 Slow Blow ceramic case fuse.
            This fuse is for the 24v external to the controller. On your machine there are two items that are powered from this:

            - The machine mounted encoder / probe processing card

            - The TU01 jog box.

            Both of these use a DC-DC converter to turn the input 24v into +5 +12/-12 etc.

            I would eliminate one by un-plugging the TU01 and see if it still blows the fuse. If not, the problem is likely in the jog box (maybe you have a short in the cable?). You won't be able to reset the emergency on the machine but this shouldn't matter.

            PM me with an email address and I will set you up with what you need.

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            Working...
            X