Importing UG models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing UG models

I am using an older version of PC-DMIS (4.2), and when importing UG (NX6) models I'm having difficulties with the models.
    1. Some models I am able to take a point and some I am not able to take a point.
    2. I cannot import some models.

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you!

I have also had problems using UG/NX generated CAD.
    My solution was to not use it.
    Most of our customers design with Catia. I use Catia to convert the .CATPart files to iges and step files.
    Have not had problems since I moved to that process.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

As one who learned with v4.2, I feel your pain. I can't say if it's the Demon's fault during import or UG/NX sending out shoddy .step/.igs files.
      This has happened for me pretty much throughout the progression of releases up to 2013. Not very often, but when it happens it is quite frustrating.
      I wish I had a better answer for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sandypacific View Post
        I am using an older version of PC-DMIS (4.2), and when importing UG (NX6) models I'm having difficulties with the models.
        1. Some models I am able to take a point and some I am not able to take a point.
        2. I cannot import some models.

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you!
        Iges or Step?

I import UG step files into pcdmis v2009 with no issues.

There is step-203 and step-214 format test both to find one that fits your needs.
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I might be way off here but have you checked to see that the models are not importing as "wireframe"? I know I have smacked my forehead after having messed with a model for a long time in disgust only to realize, for whatever reason, it was in wireframe mode and all I needed to do was turn surface mode back on. Again, I may be way off base but it came to mind so I thought I would offer it as an idea to at least look at.
          PC-DMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

Originally posted by REDWINGJ View Post
            I might be way off here but have you checked to see that the models are not importing as "wireframe"? I know I have smacked my forehead after having messed with a model for a long time in disgust only to realize, for whatever reason, it was in wireframe mode and all I needed to do was turn surface mode back on. Again, I may be way off base but it came to mind so I thought I would offer it as an idea to at least look at.

I have tried that but no cigar...

Comment