Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DANG!!!!!
    RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
    sigpic

Comment

YEP, put high technology in the hands of the un-trained and you might as well give them a tape measure and a hammer. Hey, maybe when you retire, Hilton, you could go there and train their QC workforce. Probably get lots of good TEQUILA that way!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt,

One thing he also told me about the machine in Mexico was the cleaning folks came through and climbed up on the machine with a bucket of dirty water and began mopping the surface plate.......makes you cringe doesn't it?

I really am thinking about retirement. I will be 64 in June and have been with Boeing 37 years. That is a long time anyway you look at it but I still have a pretty good time here at work and I like what I do.

I would like to part-time it for a while but do not know if I am really ready to take the plunge. The cost of medical insurance is scary and you need something in case your health takes a dump.

It is refreshing to see how much knowledge is dispensed on this forum.

I get new ideas almost daily....they usually come to me when my eyes are closed......

H
        Hilton Roberts

"Carpe Cerveza"

Comment

Temperature

Here is another quick tip you can use to see if temperature variation is affecting your measurements.

If you use the dual sphere artifact and it is aligned along Y axis, measure the thing and set zeroes in the sphere. Periodically measure the location and watch where the Y and Z coordinates go. It is pretty amazing what happens to those two values if temperature in you CMM room is unstable.

H
          Hilton Roberts

"Carpe Cerveza"

Comment

I had asked the question about a "calibrated" thermometer for my inspection lab. The new standard does not require it. I try to keep the room about 70 deg. The only time I have a problem, is on close tolerance grinding work. But hey, what's a couple of tenths between friends, right?
            sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

We dont do it for QS9000 either. I agree with Matt. Your auditor makes the standards. Get a new auditor!!!
              sigpic

Comment