Report Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Format

Can we get an AS9102 report format into PC-DMIS? They use this format industry wide, but it is not included with PC-DMIS. Why not? I don't want a work around. I would like to select the AS9102 format and populate it with my dimensions.

Build one!

Comment

One may type "See CMM Report" into the Actual Dimensions box. Quite neat and easy, and does not create a form a mile long.

Comment

Do you have QC-Calc?
        You could put your AS9102 report on the CMM, put tags into the form, and QC-Calc will automajically transfer ther results.

Comment

Originally posted by NUGUY View Post
          One may type "See CMM Report" into the Actual Dimensions box. Quite neat and easy, and does not create a form a mile long.
          +1 That's what I always did while I was working in aerospace.
          "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

Originally posted by NUGUY View Post
            Especially on all FAIRs...common practice conforming to all applicable Aerospace controls.... and for 'Belts & Braces' I always provided the relevant serial number of the Cmm.
            Poleaxe

Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
            Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

sigpic

Comment

A man (or woman) may also include an item# relating to a "balloon print", and the AS9102 form within the CMM report. So many ways...........

Comment

One may get fired if trying to pull that around here. Would not make sense to build this report format into the PC-DMIS? At least form 3.

Comment

AS9102 does not require any specific format. It requires specific information to be included, but leaves up to the company to make their own form, if they so choose.

Referencing a CMM report is not atypical and is accepted by most of the larger aerospace companies, even DoD.
                  "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

Originally posted by VinniUSMC View Post
                    AS9102 does not require any specific format. It requires specific information to be included, but leaves up to the company to make their own form, if they so choose.

Referencing a CMM report is not atypical and is accepted by most of the larger aerospace companies, even DoD.
                    +1

Comment

May I add I have employed this method for years, to the satisfaction of every major defense and aerospace company in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by VinniUSMC View Post

+1
                        Poleaxe

Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
                        Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

sigpic

Comment