Targets Changing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Targets Changing

    I have auto features with theos and targets that are different for a reason. Everytime I change a parameter in the feature PC-DMIS decides that I need to change my targets to match the theos regardless of whether I want it to do that or not. I'm force to recreate the feature if I want it to be the way I want it and not how PC-DMIS wants it. Is there anyway to turn off this extremely annoying occurance?

  • #2
    Are you editing an alignment & then these changes occur.
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by phil george
      I have auto features with theos and targets that are different for a reason. Everytime I change a parameter in the feature PC-DMIS decides that I need to change my targets to match the theos regardless of whether I want it to do that or not. I'm force to recreate the feature if I want it to be the way I want it and not how PC-DMIS wants it. Is there anyway to turn off this extremely annoying occurance?
      OK, you, yourself, have changed the targets, for whatever reason, and then when you go abck and change the theo, it automatically updates the target to the new theo, right? Then the quick answer is, NO, the targets will always update to the new theo when you change the theo.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

      Comment


      • #4
        It seams to me I get a message box asking me if I want to change target when I change theoretical. Perhaps you need to set that warning. Try F5 and see what the default is.

        Craig
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by craiger_ny
          It seams to me I get a message box asking me if I want to change target when I change theoretical. Perhaps you need to set that warning. Try F5 and see what the default is.

          Craig
          I think that is UPDATE THE MEASURED VALUES, not the target, but maybe.....
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
            I think that is UPDATE THE MEASURED VALUES, not the target, but maybe.....
            I'm not sure either, I'm answering while not at a machine. I'll have to check. I'll edit this after I do.

            Craig
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

            Comment


            • #7
              The only thing I changed was the depth and then it changed my targets too. It does the same thing if I change the spacer or number of hits or any other parameter.

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually, when you change the theorectical it asks if you want to update the target AND the measured. Unfortunately, when you change a parameter it doesn't ask - it just changes both to the theo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you doing this in the edit window or in autofeatures (F9)?
                  F9 will use auto features and always change them to the nominal values. If done in the edit window they shouldn't change.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah, I was doing that yesterday and everything was fine. Then this morning it was changing either way. Now, somehow, it's back to only doing it with F9. No, really.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Is this happening before or after lunch?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Randy P
                        Is this happening before or after lunch?


                        TK
                        sigpicHave a homebrew

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's always after lunch somewhere.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Phil,

                            Try going to EDIT, SETUP, then scroll down and see if "Find Nominal during execution" is checked if yes - uncheck...maybe?

                            JRZ
                            PC-DMIS CAD++ 3.7 from 4.2 MR1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That wasn't it, unfortunately. As of right now it's still NOT doing it even though it definitely was earlier. And I never drink before sundown. Except in the spring, summer, and fall. But only when I'm with others or by myself.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X