Jogbox Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jogbox Question..

Alright, my old jogbox went south on me last week, only working intermittenly (we complemented each other)

My question is, I received a new box from B&S this morning. The box is just about the same only it is the newer style that has Probe/Part/Mach in the jog mode box instead of Fixed/Step/Cont. On the B&S Dea machine that I ran, this controlled the movement either the probe, part alignment axis, or the machine axis. Now, hooked up to my Sharpe32 - PCDmis 3.6032, the only thing that works is the machine axis. It won't move normal to the probe or part alignment. Is there something I can do to make it work, or am I just S.O.L.?
    Also, my old box had an F1 button at the bottom, and the new one has a DEL PNT button. This is not turned on, and the only option I have in the CMM Options is the Print button. Any suggestions?

This new jogbox has a new style joystick as well. Short throw, tight, like a sports car.....
    sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Must be the new Hurst jog box.

Wish I could help ya but I laughed at the new stick short throw line and had to comment.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

The buttons on the box will NOT do as they are printed, mainly because of your controller. I would call them back and yell as I do not know what kind of problems a different joy-box will do to your controller. There is NO control in the Sharpe32 controller to have it move 'with' the alignment, etc., it will only move like it used to, you got nothing new with the joy-box. The Dea you ran had a different controller, which is where the probe/part/mach is controlled, the Sharpe32 does Fixed/step/cont. Get them to get you the correct joy-box before you burn something up.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I have a Sharpe 32 and it has probe/part/mach and it does just as it says. Probe > Z=the direction the probe is facing, Part > the machine travels in part coordinates, Mach > travels in machine coordinates. Perhaps this is new with Sharpe32 because it is on 2 of my newer machines. I have others (and also a machine with an FBPC) that has Fixed/step/cont like Matt says. Did they ask you anything about your controls when you ordered it like the SN?

Craig

Comment

I don't know the full designation for certain, but there are two kinds of Sharpe32 controllers. The standard, (old), and a newer type that came out for machines retrofited to scan. This information comes from the B&S tech who worked on my machine last week. He told me what the newer kind is called, seems like it was Sharpe32X, but that could be wrong. Your newer machines might have this newer type of Sharpe32 Craig. HTH
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Sharpe32Z is the new one. It allows the continuous scanning, have a higher through-put of data. The Sharpe32 will not allow continuous scanning.
            sigpic
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

My controller is vintage '98, so it probably doesn't support those features. I'm going to call the parts dept. this morning, but I'm not too concerned with it.
              sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

I can check my controlers if you'd like to ssee if there is a difference.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
                  Sharpe32Z is the new one. It allows the continuous scanning, have a higher through-put of data. The Sharpe32 will not allow continuous scanning.
                  Thanks Matt, (X is not far from Z), but that is about par for me, headed the right direction, but a couple clicks off.
                  sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco
                    Thanks Matt, (X is not far from Z), but that is about par for me, headed the right direction, but a couple clicks off.
                    Yeah, and it is not really that new, either. When they did the retro-fit on my mahcine many years ago, we had the option of the 32 or the 32Z. AND, they would not listern to ME when I said the 32Z was the way to go, that we would have 1,000,000 times the scanning capabilites with the 32Z, but hey, whatthe**** do I know?
                    sigpic

Comment