Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting program written for DCC scaning for use with a touch probe

Hi All,

Just received a pcdmis program created using a SP25-M, also has a CAD model with it. Our CMM is a global FX with a PH10-T probe. The program was written in 2012mr1, which is the same I'm using. Would this be as simple as a hardware change within the program ? When I selected the probe at the top of the program and hit F9, there wasn't anything in the probe configuration, obviously. I suppose creating a new program and copying/pasting may be an option. Just looking for the best approach. Thanks

Brian

Originally posted by varunner View Post
    When I selected the probe at the top of the program and hit F9, there wasn't anything in the probe configuration, obviously.
    Apparently they did not send the probe file. You can create your own, or select an existing probe from your own collection.

Originally posted by varunner View Post
    I suppose creating a new program and copying/pasting may be an option. Just looking for the best approach.
    You can just use the original program, once you select your own probe file.

As far as program conversion, if they only used touch points, you don't really need to do anything. If they used scans, you can actually allow the touch probe to perform discrete point scans, like stitching across the part.

Comment

Nope, no probe file. Just the program, cad model, and pdf. Since I don't have the same probe head or modules, would having their probe file buy me anything ? I will try to F9 the probe command and choose one of my probes, and hopefully all the probe angles thru out the program will remain unchanged.

Comment