autocircle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autocircle

I am measuring a stud with outside autocircle. When measuring, instead of making the smooth circular arc to get to the next hit, the probe is moving in increments, stopping and starting a few times on it's way around. It also does this with the sample hits. Any Ideas ???
    Thanks for your help, guys.

Dave

Could be the controler (is it PCDMIS on a Sheffield?). If it has interpolated fine in the past and does not now try rebooting the CMM controler.

Craig
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Try checking / unchecking the "circular move" in the auto feature window.

I believe this may be what you are looking for.

Best Regards,
      ZydecoPete
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think you're machine is capable of moving in smooth circular arcs. Look into flymode and change the radius. Again this depends on your controller if it's capable. If you are trying to achieve smoother circular arcs. Increase the # of hits you are using. I work alot of circular grooves and this helps keep the probe from running into the walls.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Controller is a Sharpe32.
          I already checked the circular move option.
          Using 3.5 mr2.
          We're doing a very time consuming cap study, so I tried fly mode to speed things up. My cohort thinks this started happening after turning fly mode back off. (fly mode would not work; version issue ???)
          Thanks anyway, guys

Dave

Comment

Fly mode is also controler dependant (I belive but today is not my day for giving good advise). I had a machine do what you are saying, it moved in "squares" and a reboot fixed it. Any thing beyond that I do not know.

Craig

Comment

Are you using a loop for your cap study. If its a long program it will slow down the more parts you run ???.
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob
                Are you using a loop for your cap study. If its a long program it will slow down the more parts you run ???.
                Oooo good one. Must be you've seen this? It would have never occured to me.

Craig

Comment

Nope, no loop.
                  Also already rebooted.
                  It's still doin' it.
                  Thanks.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob
                    Ok, I'll bite. Why would it slow down due to the looping??
                    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

There are 2 places you must mark for it to do circular moves, one is in the MACHINE INTERFACE and one is in the F5 setup list.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

It sounds like a speed issue and not a circular move issue. Max your move speed and that's it
                        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy
                          Ok, I'll bite. Why would it slow down due to the looping??
                          graphic and measurement re-generation. Depending on your loop set-up it will store all of the information of each loop until the loop is complete. This also include feature Id's

BS
                          Windows 7
                          Pc-Dmis 2015
                          Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

Thanks to all who replied.
                            Matt, you solved the problem. It was the machine interface. But I just don't understand how it got un-checked.
                            Thanks.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by davey c
                              Thanks to all who replied.
                              Matt, you solved the problem. It was the machine interface. But I just don't understand how it got un-checked.
                              Thanks.

Dave
                              Well, let me tell you, you can have everything set to YOUR preferences, all of them saved as DEFAULT, then open a program that did NOT use those as default, and it will CHANGE your freaking defaults to what it was using, sweet, eh?
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by AndersI
                              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment