Toolc.dat, search directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolc.dat, search directory?

Anyone know how to change where PCDMIS will look for the tool.dat and toolc.dat files? Currently they are in the PCDMIS root directories for each version.

I have two versions of PCDMIS installed and if Im not careful I can have the wrong tips loaded into my tool changer when switching back and forth between versions.

I imagine im SOL again, but thought Id ask anyway.

Thanks
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

On PCDMIS main screen go to edit set search path and change the search paths. You will need to change them every time you change between versions. At least that is what needed to be done between ver 3.5 and 3.7
    Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

Thanks for the response, but this isnt what Im really looking for.

Im talking about the Qualification Tool Sphere file used to calibrate the probes and the Tool Changer configuration file. They are to the best of my knowledge required to be in the PCDMIS directory. I want to have only one version of each of these files, so that regardless of which version of PCDMIS Ive ran last, when I switch again the tool changer has the correct probe tips loaded into it.
      Last edited by MrComment; 10-18-2006, 10:21 AM.
      Mr. Comment
      SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
      B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
      PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
      sigpic

Comment

When I install new versions I create new probe directory and copy old files from old probe directory into new probe directory. I then change search path between versions the same as William does.

I have an Xcel 7-10-7 with Sharp32 controller and ACR1 tool changer and this method works great for me.

When you installed the new version of Pc-dmis did you use the method Matt described in earlier posts about making coping of old version and renaming to new version and installing into new version directory? I have been using this method the last couple of upgrades and it saves me the trouble of having to copy all the required supporting files from old version. This should take care of your Qualification Tool Sphere file used to calibrate the probes and the Tool Changer configuration file.

Kevin
        B & S XCEL 7-10-7
        Sharpe32 Controller
        PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
        TP20 & TP2 Probes
        Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
        Datapage RT 3.33
        sigpic

Comment

You should be able to define the qualification tool and the tool changer in both versions of PCDMIS. They will only be the same if you make them that way, in each versions. Both of these files reside only in each version and can not be shared.
          If you have both set up identical in each version, and you calibrate your probe files, only the probe files in the version that you have open will be updated. So when you open the other version those probes will not be calibrated unless you have not taken them apart. Then the will be calibrated from the last time that you calibrated them in that version. So when you switch from one version to the other be cautious as to when you last calibrated those probes in that version.
          Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment