PH10M Datum Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH10M Datum Error

I've search the threads on these issues and I do believe I know the problem but I just want to see if I can get some confirmation on what I believe. I am getting a datum error on almost any B0 angle. I have switch A angle all around and also use all other B angles no problems it seems. Tried a shutdown, reset probe head controller, check the E-stop, look to see if there are any damaged wires that I could see ethier on the probe head controller or the probe itself. It locks like normal then within about 2 too 3 seconds it tries to lock again and that is when the datum error occurs. Could I assume that this is a mechanical issue being that I don't get the error in other angles? Also I do alot of angle changes in my programs is there more robust probeheads out there then the ph10M? This is my second one. I'll admit my first one I learned on and it did have a couple good crashes. This one though has never been crashed (or very minor ones). I believe I got it sometime 2009 (can't remember exactly).
    sigpicSTANDING CORRECTED IS THE ONLY WAY I STAND

Attempt this at your own risk!!!!!!!

I am NOT a repair tech, just passing along info I've gotten over the years.

On the PH9/PH9A and on at least one of the PH10 models there is a very small 'hole' in the left side of the square part of the head. If your head has this hole, then inside that hole (too deep to see) there is a set screw. Tighten it 1/4 turn to see if that fixes the problem.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

seems like you have tried everything, I would only add to re seat the head.
      B&S One
      PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Hi Adam, I don't think there's more robust than PH10... I had one during 12 years without any problem. I've now a tesa star, it works well, but only since 2 years.
        For your actual problem, maybe you could try to unlock the ph10, and clean it with a cleaner for pc (little bottle of gas, I don't know how to call it in english !).
        Have a good week-end, despite your problems !!!

Comment

looking for a possible solution for our PH10M unlocking and locking for its 4 attempts before having an error.I found the set scew that you 2 were talking about..what is on the other end of this..it seemed rather loose. I turned a quarter turn with no difference to my problems. We had this problem a couple weeks ago..then it seemed to have stopped..and then once again its back this week. Please let me know if you have any other ideas. Prbobe has never been hit but it is over 20 yrs old

Comment