Ph10t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ph10t

On the probe body I guess I'm kinda screwed on this one the ball will not seat and stay seated. In the middle of a program the wrist went to change probe rotations and would not seat after that. I did a complete shut down. It will stay seated as long as I hold the button in..But can't do anything that way.
    Is there anything to look for?
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Originally posted by T Miller
    On the probe body I guess I'm kinda screwed on this one the ball will not seat and stay seated. In the middle of a program the wrist went to change probe rotations and would not seat after that. I did a complete shut down. It will stay seated as long as I hold the button in..But can't do anything that way.
    Is there anything to look for?
    Does it have a tension adjustment screw on the side like the PH9 does? Screw it in (lefty-loosey, righty-tighty) if it has one, otherwise you are probably looking at an RBE.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I see no screw. Guess I'll go give them the bad news
      sigpic
      if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Well, what kind of weight do you have hanging on the thing? Have you tried with less extensions and stuff?

Also, how good are YOU at micro-manipulations? (not counting your 'buzzing-off') Do you think you could take it apart and see if there is an adjustment screw that can be adjusted and can you put it back together if you get it apart? Remember one thing, they will not accept it for RBE if it is dis-assembled. However, since it is (possibly) broken already, what can it hurt to take it apart and have a look? Just as long as you can put it back together again, all you'll be out is a little time. AND, it might just save you the cost of the RBE.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment