Legacy "Fit to Datums"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy "Fit to Datums"

Can anyone explain this? Do I use this long with "use datums" what happens if I don't use this feature? It's pretty confusing on my end. Thanks in advance for the help.

I will try to explain the best I can. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you dont use "Use Datums' under the TP dimension, you need to align your part to the datums per blue print prior the dimension.

If you use "USE DATUMS", you have an option NOT to align your part to the datums per print, but to select your datums from the drop down menu.'

If you want to use "fit to datums" this will allow the shift of your datums that you select with a condition. for example -B- (m), maximun and minimum condition will cause the shift.

Now that you read all this, I dont believe that "Fit to datums work, nor the USE DATUMS, both functions are very is questionable. The best practice is align your part to the callout, use Legacy to dimension it and not use any of the above.
    Last edited by WolfMan; 03-31-2014, 03:30 PM.
    B&S One
    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Use DATUMS, and FIT to datums only apply when you have a MMB condition on a DATUM. I tried to attach a paper written by Rob Jensen on the subject but Im not sure if worked or not, The copy I recieved from him is the same thing you will find if you look on google. This has to be one of the most mis understood check boxes in Dmis.

GOOGLE True Postion- PC- DMIS and you will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Schlag View Post
        Use DATUMS, and FIT to datums only apply when you have a MMB condition on a DATUM. I tried to attach a paper written by Rob Jensen on the subject but Im not sure if worked or not, The copy I recieved from him is the same thing you will find if you look on google. This has to be one of the most mis understood check boxes in Dmis.

GOOGLE True Postion- PC- DMIS and you will find it.

I believe this is the same document Schlag is referring to.

http://www.pcdmiswiki.org/images/9/9...DMIS_37MR2.pdf

HTH
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment