Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construct a circle with two half circles

Hi,

Is there any way to combine two sectors in one circle ? I'm a bit lost there..

Thanks !

I not sure if I follow but Ill say yes. Constructed features pick construct circle. Pick your two circles or points or what features you want to try too create your circle from and create. There is a tool bar for the constructed features (yellow icons) HTH
    sigpicSTANDING CORRECTED IS THE ONLY WAY I STAND

Comment

Originally posted by ADAM WALLACE View Post
      I not sure if I follow but Ill say yes. Constructed features pick construct circle. Pick your two circles or points or what features you want to try too create your circle from and create. There is a tool bar for the constructed features (yellow icons) HTH
      I could never construct a CIR out of two halfs (From construct icons). I dont think its dooable with any version.

I know that there are other ways to extract points etc.. just not with tho Half Circles
      B&S One
      PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Just like Wolf said... use vector points , but do it again for the second ( vector points) and then use construct circle
        from all the vector points used
        XYZ_IJK
        pc-dmis 2012 mr1, 2013mr1
        calypso 5.4 sp1

Comment

Construction uses the centroid/s. Create a circle the "regular" way using the construct circle function. Then change the two source features (in the code in the edit window) to use the hits instead.

Say our circles used in the construction is CIR1 and CIR2.
          Change the CIR1 to CIR1.HIT[1..CIR1.NUMHITS] and the CIR2 to CIR2.HIT[1..CIR2.NUMHITS] and see if that got you a circle (just type it directly in the edit window). Make sure you get a BF circle and not SYM circle though.
          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
            I could never construct a CIR out of two halfs (From construct icons). I dont think its dooable with any version.

I know that there are other ways to extract points etc.. just not with tho Half Circles
            I should correct my post I was wrong wolfman your right I was thinking of constructed slots from circles. My bad You can not construct from two circles.
            Last edited by ADAM WALLACE; 03-11-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADAM WALLACE View Post
              I should correct my post I was wrong wolfman your right I was thinking of constructed slots from circles. My bad You can not construct from two circles.
              Although looking at what vpt.se has done I guess you can but not the way I had suggested my apoligizes.

Comment

In theory, it should be possible to construct a rounded slot from two half circles, and then construct a circle from the slot. It works when 'measuring' on the CAD model offline, but I haven't tried it in physical reality.

But I think the BFRE construction from the two half circle's measuring points is the best method.
                AndersI
                SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

You can do a basic circular scan around each half circle and construct a circle using each scan.

Comment

Do what vbpt.se said... or construt a feature set with CIR1.HIT[1..cir1.numhits] and CIR2.HIT[1..cir2.numhits], then construct a bfre circle from the feature set, which should appears as a scan.

Comment

I'm sorry for my lack of answer. I tried CIR1.HIT method as best as my abilities but it returned some funky results. Being time restrained, I resolved using the "manual" method doing the hits myself and correcting the Z coordinate afterward.

Anyhow thanks for your support, I really love the community of the forum, always quick to help

Comment