Probe cal hits and levels (calibration of SP25M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe cal hits and levels (calibration of SP25M)

when i go to calibrate a probe or build a pobe, the hits and levels for calibration are "grayed out" and not able to change the settings? can someone tell me how to fix this?

If it is the one I think you are talking about the option is just above these grayed fields (called 'Default' or 'User Defined'). If you choose 'User Defined' you can set the values for the number of measurement levels, start and end elevation (0 deg. = equator, 90 deg. = top of sphere). The number of hits is never grayed unless you have some really weird probe (I have never seen it).

Comment

the default and user defined are also grayed out.... here is a picture... if it works lol

Capture.jpg

Comment

Are you using operators mode or a do you have a settings password setup? I noticed that your numbers of hits was grayed out as well.

Comment

nope and nope.... im baffled lol

Comment

what type of probe are you using?

Comment

renishaw sp25 with a 4x40 ruby... but ita like that for all the probes

Comment

Originally posted by megatron81 View Post
                renishaw sp25 with a 4x40 ruby... but ita like that for all the probes

The SP25 analog scanning probe requires a scan qualification routine. The options are greyed out because you are not allowed to change them. If you could and did the probe would not be properly calibrated. Yes the routine takes a lot longer than say a TP2 or a TP20 with only 13 or even 25 hits, but the SP25 is also much more accurate and capable of handling much longer stylii than those TTP (Touch Trigger Probe(s)).

BTW are you using more than one module? SM1, SM2, SM3, SM4, & SM5? Especially are you using an SM4? Because if you are, you need to be adjusting your scan setting for the qual routine and then adjust them back to run.

HTH

sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

yes i am using SM1 2 3 & 4... any help with the optimal settings would be great

Comment

Originally posted by megatron81 View Post
                    yes i am using SM1 2 3 & 4... any help with the optimal settings would be great
                    Hopefully your SMA is current because I prefer to recommend you get this information directly from Hexagon because some of these settings are machine/controller specific. The SP25 is a great probe, but it takes more knowledge and attention than a TTP to use it correctly. Renishaw and Hexagon can both provide you with useful information about this probes specifications and recommendations for optimal performance.

With that said, for my Global Advantage with a B3C controller, for the SM4 tips, I change the Point Density to 10, the Acceleration to 5, and the offset force to .1 to calibrate then I change them back. For running the SM 4 and for running and qualifying the SM1, SM2, & SM3 tips my point density is nominally set at 2, the Acceleration at 10 and the offset force at .05.

I have heard it said that Renishaw recommends you perform all SP25 qualifications with the settings I use for the SM4, but that for the shorter tips the difference is negligible. On our machine, the SM4 can not be calibrated if I do not change the settings and scans in pc-dmis will not execute correctly if I do not have the Hexagon recommended settings.

HTH (Hope This Helps)
                    ymmv (your mileage may vary)
                    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment