Screen on 3.7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Screen on 3.7

    I am just now useing 3.7 mr3. I wrote a program and it works great. The problem I am having is this:
    When I execute the program my screen changes. My Edit and Graphics window goes away and the PC-DMIS background shows up. My toolbars are there as well. The program runs fine like this, but I like to look at the graphics while it is running.
    How can I stop this from happening?
    Thanks
    B. Jacobs
    B&S Global 12.15.10
    2014.1

  • #2
    Originally posted by B. Jacobs
    I am just now useing 3.7 mr3. I wrote a program and it works great. The problem I am having is this:
    When I execute the program my screen changes. My Edit and Graphics window goes away and the PC-DMIS background shows up. My toolbars are there as well. The program runs fine like this, but I like to look at the graphics while it is running.
    How can I stop this from happening?
    Thanks
    Click on STOP in the execute mode window. While it is stopped (NO NOT CANCEL), use the menus at the top to display the graphics and the edit window and then you can either cancel or continue, THEN SAVE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING else and they should stay 'open' from then on.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      Matt,
      I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. I have to hit the buttons each time.
      I will play around with it and see if I can't figure it out.
      Thanks a bunch
      B. Jacobs
      B&S Global 12.15.10
      2014.1

      Comment


      • #4
        I wonder if this is in any way related to the marked sets window thing in 3.7. I can't get that to go away and sometimes my screens do funky things at execution time without being prompted to. The marked sets window thing is a bug, perhaps this is too.

        Craig
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by B. Jacobs
          Matt,
          I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. I have to hit the buttons each time.
          I will play around with it and see if I can't figure it out.
          Thanks a bunch
          It's been awhile since I had to 'fix' mine, maybe after you hit STOP you have to open the windows, then cancel, then save. Maybe you can't keep running. Or, will it let you save while the STOP is in effect, before you cancel or continue running?
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
            It's been awhile since I had to 'fix' mine, maybe after you hit STOP you have to open the windows, then cancel, then save. Maybe you can't keep running. Or, will it let you save while the STOP is in effect, before you cancel or continue running?
            I tried the Stop then Save. It wont let me save until I Cancel.
            B. Jacobs
            B&S Global 12.15.10
            2014.1

            Comment


            • #7
              Dont stop and save just let the program finish and it should reset.

              Comment


              • #8
                I Believe What Matt Said Will Work. The Trick Is You Have To Be In The Middle Of Executing The Program When You Setup The Screen The Way You Want It, As Matt Said. The Changes Should Stay Until You Do This Over Again, It Works On 3.7 Mr2 & Mr3. ALSO JUST LET THE PROGRAM FINISH AS JIM SAID.
                Last edited by BOB PARSONS; 10-10-2006, 04:51 PM.
                GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
                3.7MR3, XP/SP2
                EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

                Comment


                • #9
                  On more recent versions (V4.0+?) you can use the Setup option "Use Program Layout For Execution", if you want to just have the one layout maintained.

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X