switching a program with a scan from TP20 to LSPX1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching a program with a scan from TP20 to LSPX1

I have many programs that were written using a PH10 with a TP20 that have scans.
    we now have a CMM with a tesa-star LSPX1 that has analog scaning.

i'm pretty sure i can use the same programs, but will i have to rewrite all the scans?
    or will they run as is? i'm guessing i would need to rewrite the scans because the probe heads are different.
    i did used a model to create the scans using cad++ 2011MR1

and am i missing anything else for this change over ?
    i do see that it is a much larger probe and will need to be careful with clearence issues.

thanks

The TesaStar we had where I used to work rotates & indexes every 5°. Your PH10 every 7.5°. So if you have an old program with a 97.5°A82.5°B you will have to edit your program to the closest Tesa angle.
    DeWain Hodge

Comment

If your scans are set to "NORMA" this means it will use touch probing every time, analog or not. You may need to change them to DEFINED or RELEARN. You should not have to re-write every scan though.

Comment

Originally posted by DeWain Hodge View Post
        The TesaStar we had where I used to work rotates & indexes every 5°. Your PH10 every 7.5°. So if you have an old program with a 97.5°A82.5°B you will have to edit your program to the closest Tesa angle.
        they make then now that rotate 7.5. i hear soon they will rotate 2.5

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
        If your scans are set to "NORMA" this means it will use touch probing every time, analog or not. You may need to change them to DEFINED or RELEARN. You should not have to re-write every scan though.
        thanks, i will try that

Comment

Offtopic: beware, LSPX1 needs to be calibrated often ( I do it daily), because it wont withstand even a minor collision.
          B&S One
          PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
            Offtopic: beware, LSPX1 needs to be calibrated often ( I do it daily), because it wont withstand even a minor collision.
            thanks

Comment