Constructed Circle Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructed Circle Help Please

I am running 2009 MR1 and I have a part with a raised circular lip which has an OD and an ID. That part is no problem. The print however calls out a basic diameter which is mid way between the OD and ID. Does anyone have any idea how I can construct a diameter out of that? If so, please let me know as I have no idea.

Use an assignment to calculate the diameter and report as a generic feature.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks John, sounds like a plan to me.

Comment

I am sure that there are other ways to do this: ex:

1. using variables subtract from one radius another for ex. v1= Cir1.r.meas-cir2.r.meas (you will get the width b/n the two cir)
        2. v2= V1/2 ( will give you half of the width)
        3. v3= Cir1.r.meas+ v2 (Take the smallest Radius and add v2 - this will give you the radius of the mid circle)
        4. create a generic circle, input all your XY and R values. use v3 for the Ravdius
        Last edited by WolfMan; 12-17-2013, 08:09 AM.
        B&S One
        PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
          I am sure that there are other ways to do this: ex:

1. using variables subtract from one radius another for ex. v1= Cir1.r.meas-cir2.r.meas (you will get the width b/n the two cir)
          2. v2= V1/2 ( will give you half of the width)
          3. v3= Cir1.r.meas+ v2 (Take the smallest Radius and add v2 - this will give you the radius of the mid circle)
          4. create a generic circle, input all your XY and R values. use v3 for the Ravdius
          How's that different from what I suggested?
          I just didn't give him the math.

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
          Use an assignment to calculate the diameter and report as a generic feature.
          Besides taking (CIR1.D.MEAS+CIR2.D.MEAS)/2 will give him the diameter instead of the radius, which is what he wants.
          Less code, less typing, less room for error.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
            How's that different from what I suggested?
            I just didn't give him the math.

Besides taking (CIR1.D.MEAS+CIR2.D.MEAS)/2 will give him the diameter instead of the radius, which is what he wants.
            Less code, less typing, less room for error.
            I did not think of that John, that all. I provided the answer the best way I could, just more detailed
            Last edited by WolfMan; 12-17-2013, 12:50 PM.
            B&S One
            PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

I would suggest a way that allows to calculate the center of this diameter (i don't know if the call out needs it...)
              For this way, you need to use the same number of hits ,the same angles and rotation.
              Then, construct a mid point from hits (for example ASSIGN/V1=(CIR1.HIT[1].XYZ +CIR2.HIT[1].XYZ)/2, and create a generic point with V1.X,V1.Y and V1.Z.
              If you do it in a loop, you can construct the circle after the end of the loop.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the good ideas. What the requirements are is a basic diameter of 1.968 between an OD and an ID of a raised lip on a circular part. All this area needs to fall within a profile callout of .002 to datum A, the bottom of the part and D at MMB, the main central bore. I should be able to make something work from here. Again thanks for all the help.

Comment