controllers capable of scanning with a SP25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• controllers capable of scanning with a SP25

We are going to buy a new Global right after the first of the year and we have been told we have to get the the "latest and greatest" controller to support the SP25 and scanning capabilities. IMHO (I could be full of it too )scanning with the SP25 was done long before the newer controllers were available. What different types of controllers are you guys using and scanning with the SP25.

The main reason I am asking because we use MOVE/ALL extensively and also are not running the latest version of the DEMON (currently production CMMs are still on V3.7MR4) and I know the newer controllers will only run 2011 or newer.
    Last edited by dwade; 12-09-2013, 09:44 AM. Reason: added last paragraph
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

B3C should scan just fine with a SP25, FBII should too with no problem. I know the new DC controller should too but I have no experience with those. I think you can scan with a Sharpe32Z but I've only seen sp600 on those.
    Did this post solve your problem? Let everyone know and help future users out!

Comment

The newer controllers (the FDC or "DC" for short) will run any software and all the analog scanning probes like SP25 - but they are missing the infamous Move/All capability.

The older controllers (FBIII and B3C) have been phased out.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carpenter View Post
        The newer controllers (the FDC or "DC" for short) will run any software and all the analog scanning probes like SP25 - but they are missing the infamous Move/All capability.

The older controllers (FBIII and B3C) have been phased out.
        Thanks for the info.

But. . . but. . . . but. . . How are we supposed to clear the table?

sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
          Thanks for the info.

But. . . but. . . . but. . . How are we supposed to clear the table?

Looks like it's once again going to take some typing skills to turn your CMM into a pitching machine, which is bad news for all of you who taped up a bullseye on the wall behind the CMM and hold weekly practice. One step forward, two steps back.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carpenter View Post
            As far as I know (first hand info from the programmer), it is PC-DMIS that locks out the Move/All from the DC controller (splits up the command in parts and sends them). The DC controller by itself can do the throw...
            AndersI
            SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment