ABSOLUTE max machine speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABSOLUTE max machine speed

Um... I have spent 15 minutes trying to find this answer on the forums... It seems like a stupid question but.....

In my f5 settings, the max speed for both my machines is set to 460, and has been this way since i started doing this.

But you can key in any number you want....? Where to i actually find a specific machine's max speed?

I only started to think about this now because i had to mess with some speeds when i saw that one of our CMMs when calibrating had a much much higher move speed then when running the programs. (someone had changed it from 20% move speed to 70% idk one of the monkeys would do that, but they did). Every thing we do is fairly small quantities, I have zero need to go that fast, but still i find it hard to believe my to different model CMMs have the same max speed. I'm sure they were originally set the same so they would correlate... but I'm still curious as to where i can find my specific machines MAX speeds?
    (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

I listed max move speeds and acceleration speeds for a variety of machines in this post: http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...+accelleration

The "singe axis" speeds are what you want to enter in the PC-DMIS machine settings. Entering a higher value than the machines max speed won't cause any problems, as the machine speeds are ultimately limited by the controller.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

How to find your machines max speed? - I would contact Hexagon or the Manufacturer

As for the Top Speed.

Display Absolute Speed box
      If the Display Absolute Speed check box is selected, PC-DMIS will display the speed values in other dialog boxes as an absolute value instead of a percentage. This value corresponds to the set unit type of the part program (inches or millimeters).

Top Speed (mm/sec) box
      The Top Speed (mm/sec) box allows you to reset the top speed that the machine can travel. The value that is specified cannot exceed the machine's designated top speed. The value that is set works in conjunction with the Move Speed option.

-F1 Help File
      If you have the "Display Absolute Speed" box checked then the touch speed is not affected by the value in the "Top Speed" box unless it is set to less then the touch speed....

If you do not have the "Display Absolute Speed" box checked then the touch speed is affected by the value in the "Top Speed" box. The touch speed is a % of the Top Speed.

Example: "Display Absolute Speed" box checked & Top Speed = 500 & Touch Speed = 1.6
      Touch Speed is 1.6 mm/s
      Example: "Display Absolute Speed" box NOT checked & Top Speed = 500 & Touch Speed = 1.6
      Touch Speed is 8 mm/s

Comment

Originally posted by ewe0006 View Post
        I listed max move speeds and acceleration speeds for a variety of machines in this post: http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...+accelleration

The "singe axis" speeds are what you want to enter in the PC-DMIS machine settings. Entering a higher value than the machines max speed won't cause any problems, as the machine speeds are ultimately limited by the controller.
        TY! i have two different sized Xcels, so this information applies directly to me. So the size of a model does not change the movement speeds since I'm going to presume all the "mechanical" parts are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyArrow View Post
          TY! i have two different sized Xcels, so this information applies directly to me. So the size of a model does not change the movement speeds since I'm going to presume all the "mechanical" parts are the same?
          Xcel? If it has a sharpe32z or newer you could just poll the controller for max speed. Forget the command, maybe someone here knows.
          Did this post solve your problem? Let everyone know and help future users out!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaji Ryoji View Post
            Xcel? If it has a sharpe32z or newer you could just poll the controller for max speed. Forget the command, maybe someone here knows.
            They are in fact sharpe32 controllers, but i don't have a Z suffix attached?

Comment