need help starting PCDMIS off-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help starting PCDMIS off-line

is there a way to set up Pcmis to run offline.. Currently I can only turn it on if it connects to the CMM. After that I am able to change it to run offline as long as I don't shut PCDMIS down. We are having CMM problems and I am unable to open pcdmis. If i could run it off line i could still program while I wait for tech support to help me fix the CMM

Only if you purchased an offline seat.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
      how do you know if you purchased an offline seat???? Call Hexagon?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperB View Post
        you would know by paying extra $7k
        B&S One
        PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

If your CMM is down, you may be able to call Tech Support or your sales rep and see if you can get a temporary Offline seat on your online seat key.
          If there wasn't a wrong way, I would have no way at all.

Comment

I believe every seat has the ability to run offline
            In the Open Dialogue Box at the bottom is a machine interface---change this to offline
            it runs like an off line seat---

but it has to be on computer with HASP and some look for controller communication too
            Last edited by Rich P; 11-12-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich P View Post
              In the Open Dialogue Box at the bottom is a machine interface---change this to offline
              it runs like an off line seat---

but it has to be on computer with HASP and some look for controller communication too
              i am able to run offline if cmm is working and pcmis will communicate with controller...pcdmis will not open to let me change the machine interface..i was hoping there was a way around it......

Comment

is there a way to set up Pcmis to run offline.. Currently I can only turn it on if it connects to the CMM. After that I am able to change it to run offline as long as I don't shut PCDMIS down. We are having CMM problems and I am unable to open pcdmis. If i could run it off line i could still program while I wait for tech support to help me fix the CMM
                Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                at the right of your top toolbar
                click Help/About PC-DMIS/View License Details/Installed Modules(dropdown tab)

this will show you all the modules installed on your machine - if Offline Seat is not present you cannot operate in offline mode
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Ironhoe
                I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

There's a work around for versions 3.5 and earlier, but for later versions you need an offline option on your dongle.
                  Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Originally posted by Rich P View Post
                    That was a long time ago (3.5, 3.7?). Since 4.0 at least, you can't run 'offline only' with an online license.

In 2012 MR1 (?) and later, this restriction has been removed for 'portable' interfaces (measuring arm, Leica Tracker, etc.), allowing you to start offline without any equipment connected.

It is still not possible with ordinary CMM licenses.
                    AndersI
                    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment