Symmetry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symmetry...

I have a clue?i have to make symmetry to a slot from 0.1//ABC,the middle of my piece...the question is:to costruct this from points(midpoint),from 2 lines(mid line),from planes(mid plane)...withot cad model,i have only the drawing...c datum-is plane om z axis machine,b and c are the walls(x,y on machine),can i make a perpendicularity of slot too?or?...aaaa and in my old version of pc dmis i don't have symetry feature...can i use true position?it's the same result?
    Last edited by paulica 83; 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM.

sure ................
    I AM the one who KNOCKS !

Comment

sure about what?...TP or with what i construct?

Comment

Originally posted by paulica 83 View Post
        sure about what?...TP or with what i construct?
        your construction method will work ............................

Comment

Aha i know Jimmy...thanks...but the problem is that the result from mid line is worst from the one with 2 points,and midpoint...wich one is correct? the points are nominal taken in the middle of the slot...
          Last edited by paulica 83; 10-16-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DungT
            It depends on your drawing spec and PC-DMIS version you are using:

Prior to 1982, symmetry is interpreted as Location. Symmetry was dropped from 1982. Symmetry reinstated in 1994.

Per ASME Y14.5.1M-1994 – “Symmetry and concentricity controls are similar concepts and are treated together in this section. Concentricity is that condition where the median points of all diametrically opposed elements of a figure of revolution are congruent with a datum axis or center point. Symmetry is that condition where one or more features is equally disposed about a datum plane.”

Hope that answers your question.
            Thanks,DungT...but in this side i have another problem...i use Pc Dimis 2010 Cad++,and now i had made the measuring with cad part,and i have a problem with this slot to create symmetry,i made first TP from slot...all ok...and made datum like in the drawing...and when i made symmetry with mid point,mid plane,mid line for this slot...in the symmmetry dimension tab i have just too datums,instead of 3,and give me results like 18 mm...i have to set something in the symetry window(g&dt calott is on)...i will put a report in afew moments...

Comment

without cad model
              measuring with cad
              WHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT ?
              either you "DO" have a CAD file, or you "DO NOT" have a CAD file !
              sure is hard to figure out what you are trying to accomplish ............................... .02

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hirsch View Post
                WHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT ?
                either you "DO" have a CAD file, or you "DO NOT" have a CAD file !
                sure is hard to figure out what you are trying to accomplish ............................... .02
                Ok,Jimmy yesterday i measured this piece on a version 4.2....who dosen t have symetry without cad model,and today i measured this piece on Dea Global with 2010 Cad++ soft with cad model...
                can i put a pdf file or?
                Last edited by paulica 83; 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Ok,Jimmy yesterday i measured this piece on a version 4.2....who dosen t have symetry without cad model,and today i measured this piece on Dea Global with 2010 Cad++ soft with cad model...
                  can i put a pdf file or?
                  oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ......................
                  well that is totally diffferent ..................
                  yeah ............ PDF will work !
                  Alot of excellant people on the site for help, we's a just a trying to help !!!
                  I'm just an old redneck hillbilly ******* .............. and I like it !!!

let us know what ya results are !!!

Comment

S C H M U C K ................. is forbidden ............ geez ............obviously some real sensitive people in charge ............ tsk tsk tsk .......

Comment

…..Take a boat load of point on one side of the slot, mirror those points on the opposing side, create a feature set from those points and then dimension it. PC-DMIS will calculate mid points for you.
                      Ok,Dung i did this thing...with symetrical points,even made planes and mid plane and doesen't calculate symetry...from points give me this value measured:1261.072 and for plane and line is 0 measured...and i have datums like in drawing,but my aligniament is from cad origin(car axes),iterative made and not from the middle of piece...do you thing that is the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hirsch View Post
                        oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ......................
                        well that is totally diffferent ..................
                        yeah ............ PDF will work !
                        Alot of excellant people on the site for help, we's a just a trying to help !!!
                        I'm just an old redneck hillbilly ******* .............. and I like it !!!

let us know what ya results are !!!
                        and how to i put a pdf file,because i don't now the steps...here just image can put...thank u in advance

Comment

]
                          and how to i put a pdf file,because i don't now the steps...here just image can put...thank u in advance
                          Yes sir, that’s your problem. In order for PC-DMIS to calculate midpoints between them, the points must be equally arranged about the datum. The slot has to be symmetrical to something that something has to be in the middle of the slot BEFORE you collect the points.
                          Ok,Doug...i will do this tommorow...make a alignament from ABC,copy the points after this alignament...and then make the symmetry,the problem is that i will lose the cad model,but i can recall the first alignament after symmetry,no?...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by paulica 83; 10-17-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Picture1.jpg

Ok,Doug...i will do this tommorow...make a alignament from ABC,copy the points after this alignament...and then make the symmetry,the problem is that i will lose the cad model,but i can recall the first alignament after symmetry,no?...
                            Here is the drawing with the symmetry i have to madePicture1.jpg

Comment

I am not sure what you are saying but do this:
                              - Make sure one axis of ABC alignment is in the middle of the slot which I have no idea what ABC is.
                              - Create as many points as you need on one side.
                              - Mirror those points for the opposing side. It is important that the opposing points must share the same theo and target values on two axes.
                              - Create a feature set
                              - Dimension symmetry.
                              OK Doug have you see the drawing,now i will give the results...Picture3 results.jpg

the first one is the symmetry from point that i told you,the second in report is the TP from mid plane,and third is the perpenicularity betwen mid plane and C.
                              Last edited by paulica 83; 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment