Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straightness

Hi .
    I have a Oil pump part program. Top surface machined by CNC . In the drawing call out STRAIGHTNESS 0.015/25 ALL DIRECTIONS.
    1- What is the best ways to measure and apply this dimension ?
    2- Can I use Open scan every 25mm distance and construct a line, then apply Straightness.
    I was so crazy for this. Please need help.
    Thanks in advance

This doesnt help but assuming the top surface is flat and straightness is called out in all directions, surely it would make more sense to call out flatness ?

Jon
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jon_dav_uk
      This doesnt help but assuming the top surface is flat and straightness is called out in all directions, surely it would make more sense to call out flatness ?

Jon
      I agree. It seems to me a poorly toleranced flatness call-out. I think you want to measure the surface and evaluate the flatness. If it is within 0.015, you will certainly meet the straightness requirement too.

Problem is if you do NOT meet that requirement. Now you may need to divide your surface up in small 25x25 patches and eval flatness per patch.. That may get you closest to what was intended.

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

I don't know if you can use a 25mm increment, that callout is saying that WITHIN each 25mm increment, you are only allowed 0.015 of 'non-straightness', you may have to take points every 5mm or even every 1 or 2mm.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

The answer to your question is yes you can. My question is:

Is this a flange face or an area that there is going to be a gasket?
          28 Years, 8 Months, 0 weeks and 1 Days until retirement...

Comment

The functional of surface is using for gasket.

Comment