Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste with Pattern

Hey all,

Running 2013. Recently upgraded from v3.2063. I'm attempting to use Paste with Pattern at 45° 7 times on a round pot. PCDMIS is pasting with pattern, but it is deleting my original features. I sure could use some advice!
    Thanks a million!

Tim

This is because when you're pasting your pattern, you still have the part you just copied highlighted, so it's pasting over it. (just like any other windows program.

Simply click the cursor to the end of your program (or crtl+end), then past with pattern.
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Thanks! My ancient version never did that, but I guess it makes sense.
      Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
        This is because when you're pasting your pattern, you still have the part you just copied highlighted, so it's pasting over it. (just like any other windows program.

Simply click the cursor to the end of your program (or crtl+end), then past with pattern.
        +1 thats exactly what I was going to say, it would be nice when you do that and still have the edit window highlighted that it doesn't change the feature numbers. Sometimes I make a mistake or want to adjust so I do just that. but if my points were say 1 to 30 it will change them from 30 to 60. then I have to go back and fix my numbers.
        sigpicSTANDING CORRECTED IS THE ONLY WAY I STAND

Comment

Originally posted by ADAM WALLACE View Post
          +1 thats exactly what I was going to say, it would be nice when you do that and still have the edit window highlighted that it doesn't change the feature numbers. Sometimes I make a mistake or want to adjust so I do just that. but if my points were say 1 to 30 it will change them from 30 to 60. then I have to go back and fix my numbers.
          Er, just go Edit>Undo, then paste it correctly?
          Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
            Er, just go Edit>Undo, then paste it correctly?
            Bazinga!!!!
            sigpic "Marine" ... a title that is earned by few........never given.

Comment