Help, don't know what happened to edit window but need to fix it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, don't know what happened to edit window but need to fix it.

I am running 2009 MR1. As happens with pc-dmis quirks, something new arises that has never been seen before. While executing a lengthy program my desktop went into black screen mode, nothing new there, just wiggle the mouse and everything comes back. Not this time. When everything came back, I had my report centered on the whole screen with my edit window reduced to a small 3x4 inch box. I let the program finish and when it did everything popped back to normal; the screen divided by my edit window on the left half and my report/graphic option on the right. Closed the program and opened the next one I was going to use. All looked normal until I hit execute. Back came the same scenario with the report/graphic centered on the whole screen and my edit window reduced to a small rectangle. I did a cancel and the whole normal view returned. Tried execute again, same thing. Rebooted everything to see if that would resolve the problem. It did not. Has anyone experience anything like this before? I need access to my normal edit window and normal display. Any help or direction is most appreciated, its Monday morning and I have work to get done. Thanks in advance.

If it is "normal" when you are NOT running a program, simply SAVE that WINDOW LAYOUT. Then, run a program, while it is running, click on the STOP button on the execute mode window. THEN, while it is STOPPED, recall the layout you just saved.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks so much Matthew. Worked like a charm. I hope the settings will stay with the rest of my programs as well; got lot's to get done today.

Jim

Comment

in addition to Matt's advice, (not sure if this was in v2009) but if you F5, and tick "use program layout for execution" you should be good to go once satisfied with your windows. (USUALLY even w/dual monitors) You might be able to apply via Settings Editor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
          in addition to Matt's advice, (not sure if this was in v2009) but if you F5, and tick "use program layout for execution" you should be good to go once satisfied with your windows. (USUALLY even w/dual monitors) You might be able to apply via Settings Editor as well.
          Thanks sealevel, I've put that option down on my "cheat sheet" for future reference. Yes it is available on 2009.

Jim

Comment