Serialization/Alt- Error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serialization/Alt- Error.

The people from Tech- Support told us that we can run multiple versions of PC-DMIS.We start with 3.5 wich was O.K, then last month we loaded v 4.0 nothing but troubles,we have serialization errors all over,probes files gone.Now we like to download v 3.5 MR2 any suggestions / advise before we download.
    Thank's.

1) Never install a new version over the top of your working version. Always make a copy of the entire directory.
    2) Never install a new version into a blank directory, you may end up missing files, thus the reason for #1, install a new version into a copy of a working version.
    3) BACK-up, Back-up, back-UP all your programs FIRST!
    4) Migrating programs from one version to another can (and will) cause problems, up or down.
    5) Make a copy of the programs and probe files, use one set for the new version, one for the old version. DO NOT MIX them together.

The biggest problem that I bet you had was using a probe file in the new version, then trying to use it again in the old version. CRASH! Same deal with the programs themselves. Open it in a new version and you can NOT open it in a later version. You CAN, however, save it back to an older version.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Another one of the problems is you installed v4.0...go to 4.1
      Numerous post on how bad 4.0 is
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

If you have multiple machines,....break in the new program on ONE. Keep track of your changes.

As stated, make copies, work in test part program folders. Keep note, released copies are OLD!! Get bug reports in here.

Anyhow, you may have an old calibration disk. Hopefully a sharpe 32 ,... downl.oad & comp.dat.

Reinstall old version in new folder, then leave the new version there for SAVEAS in case you need it.
        http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
        Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
          1) Never install a new version over the top of your working version. Always make a copy of the entire directory.
          2) Never install a new version into a blank directory, you may end up missing files, thus the reason for #1, install a new version into a copy of a working version.
          3) BACK-up, Back-up, back-UP all your programs FIRST!
          4) Migrating programs from one version to another can (and will) cause problems, up or down.
          5) Make a copy of the programs and probe files, use one set for the new version, one for the old version. DO NOT MIX them together.

The biggest problem that I bet you had was using a probe file in the new version, then trying to use it again in the old version. CRASH! Same deal with the programs themselves. Open it in a new version and you can NOT open it in a later version. You CAN, however, save it back to an older version.
          I followed Matt's advise when I upgraded from V3.7mr2 to mr3 then to V4.1 and never had an issue with any of our CMMs. Much rep to Matt for all of his help and advise.
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment