XP to 7 and PCDmis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP to 7 and PCDmis

Running 3.7MR2 on Windows XP. We are looking on updating to Windows 7 (hello what year is it?). Are there any issues that we should be aware of?
    Windows 7
    Pc-Dmis 2015
    Global Performance 7-10-7

Yeah, it probably won't work. 3.7 is 32bit, windoze 7 is 64bit.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

How about PcDmis 4.1 on Windows XP updating to to Windows 7? Sorry I can PcDmis all day (when its running good) but not sure of all the different compatibility issue and Rev. levels
      Windows 7
      Pc-Dmis 2015
      Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

I would not want to run PC-DMIS 2010 or newer on XP.

Comment

If you are sticking with V3.7, stick with XP Pro. You can still buy it and install it on new hardware. XP will no longer be supported after the end of the year (or so MS says), but it is the best for 3.7
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

everyone is switching to windows 7 I,ve been content with xp. Then again I'm also don't have my sma up to date
            sigpicSTANDING CORRECTED IS THE ONLY WAY I STAND

Comment

I am running 2012 MR1 on XP

Comment

I wish I was on XP. A mental giant installed 2009 MR1 on VISTA. Freeze city.

Comment

Originally posted by BSchwark View Post
                  Running 3.7MR2 on Windows XP. We are looking on updating to Windows 7 (hello what year is it?). Are there any issues that we should be aware of?
                  3.7 wont install correctly on a win7 box (its 16 bit and most win7 boxes are 64bit).
                  You will need an xp emulator or a virtual xp installation on the win7 box.
                  Your IT weenies should be able to accomplish that.
                  However, you will need a win7 box with a shedload of ram to run the virtual xp install.
                  Graphics become a resource hogger.
                  If you can get 4.x to install directly then the hasp drivers probably wont work in win7.
                  You will need to download and install the newer win7 drivers before you install anything.
                  Roses are red
                  Violets are glorious
                  Don't try to sneak up
                  On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Be ready for a lot of incompatability issues on old programs. When I went from 3.7 to 2011mr1 I had all kinds of issues some were caused by the difference of the new probe head but I had things like the Collision avoidance showing in inches when the program was written in metric, Major freeze ups when trying to run CA. plus it seemed to add or subtract clearance moves. Not to many issues on new programs but the old ones were hard to get to run properly.
                    Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Johnson View Post
                      Be ready for a lot of incompatability issues on old programs. When I went from 3.7 to 2011mr1 I had all kinds of issues some were caused by the difference of the new probe head but I had things like the Collision avoidance showing in inches when the program was written in metric, Major freeze ups when trying to run CA. plus it seemed to add or subtract clearance moves. Not to many issues on new programs but the old ones were hard to get to run properly.
                      Any old programs that need to get upgraded to run on new cmm's (2012mr1) get upgraded offline via 2010mr1.
                      I have had no issues if I follow this route aside from a few variable assignment names that need changing (scanning only).
                      2010mr1 was the last version to use the xp file table routings.
                      Roses are red
                      Violets are glorious
                      Don't try to sneak up
                      On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Johnson View Post
                        Not to many issues on new programs but the old ones were hard to get to run properly.
                        ...A good way to keep your job !!!!!

Comment