Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle plane to plane

Hi everyone

Running pcdmis v3:7. I need to Measure the angle of two planes. The angle in question is a clip that is fitted to a compt at 90deg

The angle when measured on a shadow graph is 95deg but when I measure on CMM I get 85. Why? And how do I get the angle to match the shadow graph

Post your code.
    Probitas laudatur, et alget.

sigpic
    Hang on to your butts!

Comment

in later versions you can type in nominal angle and Demon will oblige. Or you can jasper the dimension settings (F5) for 0-360 or 0-180. There is also a question of feature to feature (the angle of two planes) OR angle of plane (feature) to axis. (maybe will give you the relief you seek)

Comment

Originally posted by cjtronetti View Post
        Post your code.
        What do you mean post your code?

Comment

feature to feature still give me 85° .... I will try the 0-360 or 0-180 and let you know

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
          in later versions you can type in nominal angle and Demon will oblige. Or you can jasper the dimension settings (F5) for 0-360 or 0-180. There is also a question of feature to feature (the angle of two planes) OR angle of plane (feature) to axis. (maybe will give you the relief you seek)

Comment

check to make sure you are checking a 3d angle and not 2d
            PC-DMIS CAD++ 4.3 MR1

Comment

Are you getting the correct angle? (95+85=180)
              PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP6

Comment

im getting 85, but i need to show 95 on the screen
                Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
                Are you getting the correct angle? (95+85=180)

Comment

If you dimension PL1 to PL2, try to dim PL2 to PL1... Or create a reverse plane from on of them.

Comment

Presentation1.jpg

Comment

When you create the angle on earlier versions lke 3.7 it by default gives you the 'true' angle, you can toggle this to the 'complementary' angle using the F7 or F8 key. Somewhere in the dimension header there will be the word 'True', put the cursor on this and press F7 to toggle it to the complementary angle.
                      Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

F7 or F8 dont work. Anychance of a screen shot

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
                        When you create the angle on earlier versions lke 3.7 it by default gives you the 'true' angle, you can toggle this to the 'complementary' angle using the F7 or F8 key. Somewhere in the dimension header there will be the word 'True', put the cursor on this and press F7 to toggle it to the complementary angle.

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
                          F7 or F8 dont work. Anychance of a screen shot

No, because I don't have a version to hand which had this method.

If you post the code of your angle dimension I'll highlight where you need to change it.
                          Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

ignore previous post. thanks NinjaBadjer. CMM returned the angle i wanted

Comment

All done thankyou

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
                              No, because I don't have a version to hand which had this method.

If you post the code of your angle dimension I'll highlight where you need to change it.

Comment